About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your Role in Our Mission
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior DevOps Engineer / Manager. Reporting to the Head of Technology you will work to innovate, develop, and maintain the organisation’s infrastructure and DevOps capabilities. You will work within the wider Technology Team to migrate, scale, automate, and standardise our platforms. You will work across Scrum Teams with Development, QA and Product colleagues to build reliable products and scalable infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be proactive, organised, self-motivated and reliable, with a great work ethic.
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and power of technology to change people’s lives.
- are committed and dedicated person who enjoys working on many different projects at once and can handle the juggling act required to do so effectively.
- have attained a broad range of technology experience and technical expertise, with the past few years focused on resilient, scalable, and secure infrastructure through DevOps.
- have superior technical expertise, and the experience to quickly get up to speed with our products, technology, security, and have the drive to implement change and innovation.
- have previous experience running a multi-account AWS environment on your own or as part of a wider Technology Team and working with public and private cloud infrastructures.
- have problem solving aptitude, enjoying figuring things out and ultimately fixing them.
- are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- may be interested in managing a cross-functional team of Systems Engineers.
- have the ability to be calm under pressure and maintain good humour.
- have a passion for keeping up to date with and researching the latest technologies, you love to learn and apply new technologies to solve issues and innovate.
Nice to have
- You have previously worked in a SCRUM organisation or to the agile framework.
- You are degree educated in Computer Science, Computer Networking, or a related subject.
- You have numerous years’ experience implementing and managing AWS infrastructure / Terraform / Docker / Kubernetes / Jenkins / Kibana / Grafana etc.
- You are familiar with ISO 27001 certified environments and management of Information Security Management Systems.
- You have advanced skills in PowerShell.
- You have experience of web apps/services built using the .Net framework.
- You have experience with financial services systems and associated terminology.
- You have experience training others on the job and leading a team of engineers.
Technical experience required
- You have strong Linux background as well as some previous experience managing Microsoft Windows Servers including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, IIS, RDS etc.
- You have experience deploying and working with AWS and Docker.
- You have knowledge of application lifecycle management and DevOps tools – JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, CodeCommit/Deploy/Pipeline, Jenkins/TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GIT, Packer, Ansible etc.
- You have experience deploying Kubernetes, and/or managing a platform consisting of multiple service namespaces running on a Kubernetes cluster.
- You have a clear understanding of web apps, networking and security related principles and protocols; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SFTP, PGP, SSL/TLS, routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, network segmentation, security groups, access control lists, load balancers etc.
- You have experience managing or scripting Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (preferably Terraform, Packer, Ansible).
- You have experience of centralised log/metric monitoring (preferably Zabbix, Elasticsearch, FluentD, Kibana, Prometheus, and Grafana).
- You have experience with SQL, light touch database management.
- You have understanding of Information Security principles, controls, and implementation.
- Implement, configure and manage robust on-premise/private cloud systems as well as migrating to, managing, and improving our AWS environments.
- Lead the DevOps space at Salary Finance, help migrate our proprietary platform to AWS and work with the wider teams to implement streamlined and automated processes in AWS.
- Lead and manage DevOps initiatives with both the Technology and Development Teams to ensure that the company’s platform and services are resilient, secure and operate efficiently at all times. Documenting everything as you go to pass existing and new client due diligence.
- Assess and mitigate technology and information security risk at all stages. Understand the need to implement technical security controls and see the critical importance in maintaining information security at all levels of the business.
- Work with third party providers to maintain great relationships, ensure delivery is to agreed SLAs, and there is always an effective resolution of issues.
- Take responsibility for the resolution of all technical issues escalated to you and your team.
- Support the Scrum Teams in their technology and infrastructure needs.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit and drinks, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.