About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your Role in Our Mission
As a Salary Finance Product Manager, you'll be working hard to deliver the Salary Finance vision, which is cool because it's a pretty big one; we exist to transform the lives of millions of employees by helping them to become financially healthier and happier.
You'll be part of a growing Product Team, with an initial focus on an entirely new Product. You'll be working extensively with potential customers, Product Designers and stakeholders from across the business to identify customer problems, draft solutions, prioritise them and then communicate those solutions to the delivery team.
Your day-to-day will vary widely, from running customer interviews to working with 3rd party implementation teams and getting SF team members excited about the product. We want to keep you on your toes - one thing's for sure: you'll always be learning here. Don't worry - you'll be working with a world-class Product team so you'll have the opportunity to learn from doing as well as from your colleagues.
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
You are also:
- fascinated by products. Good products make you go a bit weak at the knees. Bad products ruin your day.
- resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- a clear thinker and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to gain support for your ideas and engage with stakeholders to gather feedback.
- show a positive attitude and flexibility when faced with multiple, fast-paced, competing objectives.
- have the ability to work with the team at all levels, in an open office setting, within a highly collaborative environment and start-up culture.
Nice to Have
- Product Managers come from diverse backgrounds. You may have 1-3+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Management Consultant or you may be a developer looking to move into Product.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent) and have a passion for applying technology and innovative thinking to disrupt traditional markets.
- You have worked in an environment where asking the right question, analysing data, developing solutions and communicating with stakeholders are central to what you do
- You have experience of Product Management activities such as customer research, user testing, prioritising, writing requirements etc.
- You know what Agile is and understand its principles.
- You have experience within Financial Services or within a regulated environment.
- Ensure that your agile backlog is always up to date, properly planned, agreed, prioritised and prepared for the next 4+ weeks.
- Develop a roadmap in conjunction with stakeholders including the Head of Product, Global COO, Sales/Service and the Product Review Board.
- Help create documentation and marketing materials for the product, making sure that these are agreed and used with all relevant parties.
- Understand how to deliver an MVP and be able to make critical prioritisation decisions to avoid project creep.
- Facilitate the generation of ideas and analyse them to figure out where we should be focusing our attention and how we can get the best out of our resources.
- Create, gather, measure and monitor a key set of KPIs for the product to ensure that we are always developing in the right direction.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.