About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA
Your role in our mission
You will be a core part of our Product team. You will have the opportunity to get involved in every area of the product design process, starting at the initial conception stage and working through the entire product lifecycle.
Your first focus at SF will be on ‘Protect’, an insurance product that we recently launched in partnership with Legal & General. Protect helps users by revolutionising how they access and engage with the insurance that can support them and their families during some of life's toughest moments. The challenge with Protect is a big one - you'll need to translate a product that's tremendously complex into a product that our customers can easily understand and use. While you’ll spend most of your time working on Protect, you’ll be collaborating across teams and within the Product Design team on our other financial wellbeing products.
You will be expected to advocate for learning about our users and using this learning to improve our product decisions. You will work side-by-side with the Product Managers to ensure that the whole experience of the product delivers on the needs that our users have.
You will be part of a team of Designers that are eager to learn and grow and want to create amazing products. You will have the opportunity to not only deliver great work but also help to improve our overall design approach and strategy.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have experience with both UX and UI design with a minimum of 3+ years in this field.
- You have worked with both websites and mobile applications and understand the different requirements for both environments.
- You have knowledge of HTML and can use this to make small specific adjustments to web pages.
- You are aware of various kinds of user research techniques and have been exposed to them, even if you have not performed the research yourself.
- You have worked on a variety of projects and can display versatility in delivering a wide range of different types of experiences.
- You have worked extensively with wireframing, prototyping, written specifications, user scenarios and interaction design.
- You believe in rapid prototyping, learning fast and instinctively want to talk to the user as soon as practically possible.
- You have good communication and presentation skills.
- You have performed different user research techniques, including guerilla testing, user interviews, online user testing etc, and you can clearly identify and understand when and why to use these different techniques.
- You are comfortable analysing data and spotting trends; you can see what is working, what is not working, and change your approach accordingly.
- You have experience working with Development teams in an agile environment.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product and Research teams to create effective and delightful user experiences for our global audience.
- Translate customer insights and business requirements into conceptual ideas, interaction models, visual design and UI specifications.
- Create wireframes and prototypes for design exploration and user testing.
- Work with the other Designers to maintain consistency and coherence across the whole product.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.