Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers every year.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, Vuture, and Selligent. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from New York City to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
As a Product Manager at Sailthru in our NZ office, you’ll be leading the charge on product management and evangelism. You’ll work with your colleagues in Product as well as many other areas to solicit, evaluate, organise, and prioritise customer feedback and translate that into products and features that drive significant business impact. You’ll join a team of passionate technologists who enjoy a fast-paced, agile development culture.
What You’ll Do
- Own product strategy defining the plan for successful development, commercialisation and adoption of mobile and web products run out of New Zealand and New York City, respectively.
- Build a nimble, collaborative, and can-do environment where others are as passionate as you.
- Partner with the CS and Sales teams to engage our customers and prospects, and assess the ways in which our platform can enhance their end users’ experience and drive improved customer value and retention.
- Work with prospects and customers to uncover new or changing customer use cases and business needs, and generate the corresponding product specs/requirements.
- Reflect customer needs in our product roadmap via leadership in roadmap planning, Sprint ceremonies, and strategic review sessions.
- Utilise data (adoption/utilisation metrics, support tickets, sales performance, and more) to define success or failure, and make informed decisions as you work with Engineering to ship iteratively and often.
- Learn our product offerings inside-and-out and develop the expertise to take on anything from a sales support call to a client feature discovery session.
- Drive clear communication to all constituents including engineering, product marketing, sales, operations, and enablement on product commercialisation efforts.
- Continuously assess the competitive landscape to ensure that the product maps to both customer needs and market requirements.
Who You Are
- You are familiar with product development processes such as agile and scrum.
- You have shipped a range of products requiring significant cross-functional teamwork and can speak to the process of designing and building them in great detail.
- You speak the same language as our engineers and can collaborate with them to solve technical and product challenges.
- You have an aptitude for articulating technical and product solutions to internal and external audiences. You thrive by shaping dialogue and driving consensus, whether presenting to an audience of 5 or 50.
- You have exceptional relationship management skills. You lead with empathy, and as a result, build authentic and trustworthy connections with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have strong business model instincts and a finger on the pulse of the competitive landscape.
- You understand the challenges of digital marketing and the importance of utilising data to measure the efficiency of marketing strategies.
- You have experience framing your thinking and problem solving using mental models and frameworks. In turn, you've had experience evaluating your strategies and decisions before and after the fact.
- Candidates should have 4+ years product management experience at a SaaS company or division, several of which should include full ownership of a product roadmap and vision.
- Experience working in a data-driven and technical environment is strongly preferred.
- Prior martech, adtech, or D2C experience with a focus on e-commerce or media/content is a bonus.
- We’re an agile shop running on 2-week sprints, so a similar working history is preferred.