Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Our retail and publishing customers are among the largest organizations worldwide, and they use our platform to provide a personalized and connected customer experience across email, web and mobile to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is a proud member of CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world.
Sailthru is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Email team, working hands-on and leading and managing a team of engineers as they work on our email platform. We’re looking for someone that not only has a strong technical background, but has strong opinions on how to build great-looking, easy to use products. You’ll also be a key member of our technology leadership team, helping to improve the culture of the engineering team overall.
What You'll Do
- You will be part of the technology leadership team, helping to shape company policy, best practices, and set precedents for a 50 person engineering organization.
- You’ll work across frontend and backend tech stacks on an Agile, product-aligned Sprint team to design, build, and maintain our email platform. You’ll partner with our product management and UX teams to build a powerful, yet easy to use platform for email marketers.
- You’ll own the technology strategy and long term technical roadmap for your part of the platform, working with product to find the right balance of features and tech debt.
- You’ll be responsible for the long-term career growth and day-to-day feedback of your team members. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team processes are efficient and add value, and for creating a great engineering culture.
- Use a variety of technologies including React, Java, Kafka, Kubernetes, Mongo, and more to accomplish your goals. Draw upon your previous experience to help us make the right technology decisions.
- Contribute to education, documentation and support for the broader Sailthru organization, including interfacing with our Support and Customer Success teams. Use your expertise and experience to help make technical improvements and to establish best practices across the engineering organization.
- You’re someone who loves technology and cares deeply about the products you build and the customers who use them.
- 2+ years of management experience, providing teams with day-to-day feedback, conducting formal performance reviews, and assisting in their long-term career growth
- You have 5+ years experience building quality, production-grade software through best practices, proven design patterns, and great teamwork.
- You have production experience with modern frontend technologies and frameworks, especially React and Angular.
- Experience with Java, PHP, and Mongo is a large plus.
- Experience with AWS, microservices, and data streaming architectures a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Open Time Away
- Paid parental leave