Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Lead Operations/DB Engineer in our NY office to head up our Operations and Database teams. You will be a key member of our technology leadership team, working hands-on and leading a team of Operations and Database engineers responsible for maintaining our New Jersey based bare-metal datacenter and our core cloud infrastructure (Packet and AWS), as well as our database infrastructure with cluster sizes exceeding 15 terabytes.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and extend our Bridgewater, New Jersey based datacenter and its operational components, including but not limited to, the physical and network infrastructure, fleet deployment, configuration, and monitoring, core infrastructure services, DR, backups, and more.
- Manage the core infrastructure (VPC’s, EC2, etc.) for our cloud operations in AWS and Packet, and maintain connectivity across all regions (including our DirectConnect into AWS).
- Maintain and extend the monitoring and alerting infrastructure for our core infrastructure (Sensu, Zabbix, etc.)
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and partner with our SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our services to clients.
- Maintain key vendor relationships and third party services supporting our infrastructure
- Partner with our software engineering team to improve our processes and enable us to deliver high quality software.
- Establish and execute on Sailthru’s long-term hybrid datacenter and cloud strategy, one that leverages the strengths of both platforms for a competitive advantage.
- Lead and manage a team of operations and database engineers, providing technical direction and guidance as well as feedback on career growth.
- Participate as a member of the Technology Leadership team, driving overall platform direction and building a great engineering culture.
- Work hands on with your team to ensure the continued successful operations of our core infrastructure
You are an experienced Infrastructure leader having spent your career building, maintaining, and running bare-metal and cloud infrastructure to support a 24x7 SaaS business. You have a strong background in datacenter operations, networking, and Linux, with experience in operating databases at scale. You are an advocate for continuous improvement, reliability and redundancy, and doing things right.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience building, maintaining, and operating in bare-metal datacenters running production services. Experience with AWS and the cloud strongly preferred
- Strong experience managing, deploying, and monitoring hundreds of bare-metal servers, leveraging best practices such as configuration as code and automation software (Ansible experience a must).
- Experienced in Linux System Administration (we run CentOS 6 and 7), networking, disaster recovery / BCP, and more.
- Experience with Terraform, Cumulus, HAProxy, and pfSense a strong plus. Experience with the SOC-2 audit process strongly preferred as well.
- Experience running ProxMox, Jenkins, OpenVPN, Sonatype Nexus, and ELK clusters a nice to have.
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring a team of Operations engineers. Experience managing and mentoring Database engineers strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally across multiple areas of the business.