Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Database Engineer to join our Database team. You will be a key member of our infrastructure team, working hands-on and maintaining five large mongo clusters and several replica sets, managing over twenty terabytes of data across hundreds of servers, as well as several large Postgres instances with terabytes of data. You will be responsible for ensuring the continued successful operation of those systems 24/7, working hand-in-hand with our Operations and SRE teams.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and extend our database infrastructure, both Postgres and Mongo.
- Partner with our development team in verifying and validating the application’s interaction with the database in subjects like query optimization and schema validation.
- Improve the tooling and automation for our database infrastructure to minimize manual work, improve velocity, and decrease the likelihood of incidents.
- Monitor our database deployments for capacity, performance, and/or troubleshooting issues.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and partner with our SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our services to clients.
You are an experienced Database Engineer, having maintained mission-critical databases containing terabytes of data. You have extensive experience building the tooling and automation to manage those clusters, as well as digging into system metrics to help debug and diagnose a database running into performance issues.
- 4+ years experience as a Database Engineer or Database Administrator, either with Mongo or with Postgres.
- Experience operating in an on-call environment, building out monitoring and alerting for database systems and using those to investigate and debug issues.
- Strong experience with tooling and automation. Ansible and Terraform experience a strong plus.
- Linux experience (CentOS, RHEL), FreeBSD a plus