Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Our retail and publishing customers are among the largest organizations worldwide, and they use our platform to provide a personalized and connected customer experience across email, web and mobile to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is a proud member of CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Backend/SRE Engineer to join the engineering team in our NY office. We are looking for someone who is excited about learning new technologies, who appreciates beautiful code as if it were a work of art (because it is), and who looks forward to the challenge of building a system used by hundreds of the most sophisticated enterprise clients all over the world to manage communications reaching billions of people a month.
What You'll Do
- Work across tech stacks on our SRE team to maintain and extend our platform, continuously making it more reliable and scalable every day.
- Share a 24x7 on-call rotation and do what it takes to keep it uneventful.
- Use a variety of technologies including React, Java, Kafka, Kubernetes, Mongo, and more to accomplish your goals. Draw upon your previous experience to help us make the right technology decisions.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of observability and reliability. Contribute to education, documentation and support for the broader Sailthru organization, including interfacing with our Support and Customer Success teams.
- Be an active participant in building our engineering culture. Participate in our engineering team meetings and events, Hack Days, and more.
- Use your expertise and experience to help make technical decisions and to establish best practices across the engineering organization.
- You’re someone who loves technology and cares deeply about the products you build and the customers who use them.
- You have 5+ years experience building, scaling, and maintaining quality, production-grade software through best practices, proven design patterns, and great teamwork.
- You have experience operating at scale - processing thousands of transactions per second, debugging performance issues, and operating in a production environment.
- You’re a T-shaped individual -- you can and will do a little of anything, but you have a set of skills that you specialize in and continue to improve.
- You have a history of always learning, jumping into new projects, and learning new technologies, and are excited to bring that mindset to a new team.
- You’re diligent and dependable in your work and will do what it takes to get the job done -- but you know that work-life balance is the key to a successful long-term team and career.