Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in e-commerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
As an engineer at Sailthru, you will be part of a company that has been developer-focused since Day 1. You can expect to work on challenging technical projects that will cause you to “level up”, and collaborate across Product and Design to deliver an experience that delights our users. We have fun, too. There are bi-annual hackdays, regular company outings and extraordinary opportunities to mentor and get mentored.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our email product engineering team in our NY office. You’ll be working on a high traffic enterprise web application that is used 24/7 by customers all over the world.
What You’ll Do
- Build and support features for Sailthru’s email products, including workflows for WYSIWYG email design, HTML editing, content personalization, and campaign orchestration
- Work across frontend and backend tech stacks on an Agile, product-aligned team. Our tech stack includes: React/Redux, PHP and Java microservices, AWS Lambdas and various services in Kubernetes
- Work hands-on pairing and guiding the team, designing scalable architecture, performing code reviews, and building on our DevOps culture and Kubernetes best practices
- Contribute an informed engineering perspective to product and UX-focused team discussions
- 5+ years in building and maintaining microservices in Java, PHP or Node
- Strong interest in building and owning products from end-to-end
- Strong knowledge of making your systems scalable, observable, and fault tolerant
- Experience with multiple types of databases, including relational, timeseries, and document-based
- Experience in a DevOps engineering culture, leveraging AWS products to build software solutions