Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Operations Engineer in our NY office to join our Operations team. You will be a key member of the Sailthru infrastructure team, working hands-on to build, maintain, and monitor our Bridgewater, NJ based physical datacenter and its associated components (hardware, networking, etc.), as well as our Packet and AWS core infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and extend our Bridgewater, New Jersey based datacenter and its operational components, including but not limited to, the network infrastructure (Cumulus, pfSense), physical hardware, DR, backups, and more.
- Manage the core infrastructure (VPC’s, EC2, etc.) for our cloud operations in AWS and Packet, and maintain connectivity across all regions.
- Build and maintain the monitoring and alerting infrastructure for our core infrastructure (Sensu, Zabbix, etc.).
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and partner with our SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our services to clients.
- Administer and maintain our fleet of hundreds of Linux (CentOS) servers through Ansible, Terraform, and more.
- Help establish and execute on Sailthru’s long-term hybrid datacenter and cloud strategy, one that leverages the strengths of both platforms for a competitive advantage.
- Participate in enterprise level projects from a data center and cloud perspective. Help establish the vision and technical direction for a true hybrid operating model.
You are an experienced Operations engineer that has built, maintained, and run bare-metal and cloud infrastructure to support a 24x7 SaaS business. You have a strong background in datacenter operations, networking, and Linux. You are an advocate for continuous improvement, reliability and redundancy, and doing things right.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years industry experience building, maintaining, and operating in a bare-metal datacenter running production services. Experience with AWS and the cloud strongly preferred
- Experience managing, deploying, and monitoring bare-metal servers, leveraging best practices such as configuration as code and automation software (Ansible experience strongly preferred).
- Strong experience in Linux System Administration and networking required. Experience with Cumulus, HAProxy, and pfSense a strong plus as well.
- Experience running ProxMox, Jenkins, OpenVPN, Sonatype Nexus, and ELK clusters a nice to have.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally across multiple areas of the business.