Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver the end consumer experiences for billions of individuals globally across email, mobile apps and web.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
We’re a technology team that:
- Works in small collaborative teams including engineering, data science, data platforms, and ops
- Makes a real impact on the day-to-day operations of our customers
- Scales our platforms to handle billions of monthly inbound and outbound messages
- Works in a technology-focused environment, where new technology is always part of the conversation
- Takes responsibility for the direction of our product and operations
Who you are
- You’re someone who loves technology, feels passionate about building and growing a team, and cares deeply about the products you build and the customers that use them.
- You're a servant leader who supports the growth and development of your team members. You believe that their success is your success.
- You’re a hands-on engineer that is committed to writing, debugging, and reviewing code on all parts of the stack on a daily basis. You believe in owning your code and product.
- You’re passionate about building high-throughput, high-reliability systems at scale.
How you’ll grow
- You will be part of the engineering leadership team, helping to shape company policy, best practices, and set precedents for a 50+ engineering organization.
- You’ll lead the five-person team driving the technology powering Lifecycle Optimizer, partnering with our product management team to build out and evolve its features.
- You’ll be committed to the long-term growth and day-to-day feedback of your team members, and for creating an inclusive engineering culture.
- You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies to scale to our clients’ ever-growing needs, including Kafka, Kubernetes, and a variety of database systems.
- You’ll collaborate with other engineering teams to build world class marketing technology, currently managing billions of profiles and growing.
What we’d like
- 2+ years of management experience, providing teams with constructive feedback, conducting formal performance reviews, and assisting in their long-term career growth
- 7+ years of coding experience: We are a Java & React shop with a legacy PHP codebase, but we know good coders are good at learning new languages and technology stacks. We're happy to have a good coder who is ready to learn something new.
- Significant experience working on high volume, high reliability systems, contributing code on all levels of the stack.
- Experience with cloud technologies, microservices and data streaming architectures a plus