Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Director of Data Science in our NY office to head up our Data Science and Machine Learning initiatives. You will be a key member of our technology leadership team, working hands-on leading and managing a distributed team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers in New York, New Zealand, and Colorado. You will bring not just technical expertise in your field, but also industry knowledge, with a deep understanding of how best to leverage DS/ML for businesses and in technology products.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with our product team to establish both short and long-term roadmaps building ML-enhanced features.
- Distinguish Sailthru from the competition by designing data-science powered features for our clients and becoming a thought leader in marketing technology.
- Lead and manage a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, providing technical direction and guidance as well as feedback on career growth.
- Work hands on with your team to build data science products. Set technical direction and prioritize the work of your team through understanding the technology, product, and industry.
- Participate as a member of the Technology Leadership team, driving overall platform direction and building a great engineering culture.
- Evangelize and strong data governance and best practice and help drive data-driven decision making.
You are an experienced leader that understands the power and impact Data Science can have on a company. You have a strong background in Data Science, Statistics, and Machine Learning techniques, with experience building ML-enhanced products powered by terabytes of data each day. You’re an advocate of the power of data, and you’re keen to share what you learn with your peers.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (or equivalent experience). Graduate degree in CS, Statistics, or data-related program is preferred.
- 5+ years industry experience building and deploying enterprise machine learning systems with a demonstrated history of scalability and reliability.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Working experience with recommendation algorithms, predictive models, forecasting, and NLP.
- Experience with Python, EMR, Kafka, deep learning frameworks, and data pipelines / data engineering for enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills. Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally across multiple areas of the business.