Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our reporting and analytics team in our NY office. You’ll be working on one of the most exciting areas at Sailthru, building a robust reporting platform encompassing all products at Sailthru, all in the cloud. Your work will also impact our data pipeline, a central piece of our infrastructure, that is not only crucial for the products we build, but also for our data science teams and our internal strategy teams. Every client needs reporting to understand the efficacy of their marketing initiatives, and so your work will be front and center to their everyday efforts!
What You’ll Do
- Build our ETL pipeline (using Spark/EMR/Airflow) to power our analytics platform for our customers, which are some of the world’s largest ecommerce and media companies
- Be an active contributor to our data pipeline infrastructure
- Prototype, build, and deploy microservices and infrastructure that power our analytics
- Be a trusted partner to other teams in our organization, such as product, data science, and other engineering teams, to ensure our data pipeline has all the necessary data we need to fulfill customer requirements
- Write high quality technical documentation for our systems
- Be an active contributor to our engineering culture. You’ll be using your expertise and experience to help make technical decisions and to establish best practices across the engineering organization.
- 5+ years in building and maintaining microservices using Java or Python
- Strong interest in building and working with data pipelines, data lakes, and ETL processes
- Experience in building scalable products using data lakes and data pipelines
- Experience using Spark to process data in data lakes
- Strong knowledge of making your systems scalable, observable, and fault tolerant
- Experience with multiple types of databases, including relational, timeseries, and document based
- Experience leveraging AWS products to build software solutions.