Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer in our NY office to manage our growing Kubernetes and Data Engineering infrastructure. You will be a key member of our engineering leadership team, working hands-on leading and managing a small team of DevOps engineers in both our New York and New Zealand offices. You will bring not just technical expertise in Kubernetes and Data Engineering, but also great interpersonal skills, teaching and mentoring other engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a team of engineers building out our Kubernetes and Data Engineering infrastructure (EKS, EMR, Kafka, and more), providing technical direction and guidance as well as feedback on career growth.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams at Sailthru to build a scalable, resilient Kubernetes platform that has a noticeable impact on both the stability of the platform and the velocity of our engineering teams.
- Set technical direction and prioritize the work of your team by gathering feedback from engineers, collaborating with the teams to make their lives easier.
- Work hands on with your team, designing architecture, performing code reviews, and of course writing the code and tools that power our Kubernetes and Data Engineering platforms.
- Help foster a DevOps culture within the entire engineering team by teaching and advocating for DevOps practices.
You are an experienced servant leader that understands the best way to success is by enabling your colleagues to do their best work. You bias towards action, but understand that clear, timely communication is a must at a company of our size. You have a strong background in AWS and Kubernetes, with experience supporting platforms that can process terabytes of data. You live and breathe the DevOps mindset.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working with cloud technologies and DevOps or DevOps equivalent roles.
- Strong, proven experience working with AWS and Kubernetes (EKS), having built and maintained platforms hosting production-grade services and traffic.
- Strong, proven experience working with developers to build and maintain tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, and alerting technologies supporting 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Experience with EMR, Kafka, data pipelines / data engineering for enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication skills. A demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues all audiences.