Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver the end consumer experiences for billions of individuals globally across email, mobile apps and web.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Deliver, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
Sailthru is seeking a Strategic Account Manager to partner with our customer success organization to handle customer renewals as well as upsell additional products into the installed base. The Strategic Account Manager will take a consultative, value-based approach to upselling Sailthru’s newest and most innovative products as well as cross-selling into other parts of current client organizations.
This role will report to The Director of Customer Success, and will pursue sales opportunities on an account-based model.
This position offers hungry sales professionals the opportunity to:
- Lead sales cycles in a supported and aligned environment with Sailthru’s client services teams;
- Build strong and revenue-generating customer relationships;
- Sell innovative solutions to senior marketing leaders in media and e-commerce;
- Take a consultative, value-based approach to selling - many of the products being sold will ultimately tie back to a ROI consideration for customers
What You’ll Do:
- Sell Sailthru’s vision and product suite through product demonstrations, ROI calculation, customer meetings and events, as well as other account-specific initiatives
- Work in partnership with Sailthru’s Customer Success and team to ensure timely renewals, as well as identify opportunities for product upsell
- Utilize a value-based sales approach that ensures long-term customer satisfaction on any products or services procured
- Remain knowledgeable / up-to-date on changes and developments within assigned accounts’ industries as well as on pertinent developments in Sailthru’s competitive landscape
- Engage in continuous sales and product education in order to best position our solution to customers
- Develop detailed sales plans to outline path for delivering maximum revenue potential per account
- Create and deliver accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts; the Strategic Account Manager will be measured on their ability to meet (and exceed) quarterly and annual bookings targets
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years in sales development or closing roles, preferably in digital marketing solutions, with extensive experience dealing directly with CEOs, CMOs, Directors/VPs of Digital Marketing or Ecommerce
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills; confident running point on meetings and presentations with C-level stakeholders (“stand and deliver” presentation will be required as part of the interview process)
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Proven track record of achievement against targets
- Personality that thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Excellent core sales skills