As the Director of User Experience at Sailthru, you’ll lead the UX strategy and design to enhance the experience of our marketing software, making it as easy and intuitive as it is powerful and flexible for our customers by personalizing the user experience, improving recommendations, and facilitating discovery. You’ll work directly with our customers and as well as partner with our product managers, developers, support, and sales staff to create a research driven approach to UX. Your work will directly impact customer retention; your mandate will be to create a user experience so compelling that customers will never want to stop using our product.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting into our VP of Product, you’ll lead the UX team and work in partnership with Engineering and Product to continually iterate on our UX vision, strategy and processes for all customer-facing products. You’ll also:
- Define the overall UX strategy and vision for our products, working with department heads to ensure full alignment;
- Work hand in hand with our product management and engineering teams in all phases of a product development, from discovery to delivery to continuous improvement
- Build a UX research, design, test and review process that ensures user experience is at the forefront of our product development efforts;
- Research and advance ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience;
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas;
- Play a leadership role in User Testing (our clients are your sounding board and they’re excited to give you feedback to fuel your prototypes);
- Make data both visible and actionable by working alongside our data science and analytics teams to present our customers with the clearest visualizations and displays of their data;
- Drive the product’s branding - you’ll own the palettes, fonts, icons, styles, shapes and animations of our next generation platform;
- Inspire our team; we’re great at developing ideas that expand and add power to our product but you’ll keep us focused on not only the “what” but more importantly the “why”;
- Learn our customers’ businesses; by knowing what they do and how they do it, you’ll enable customers to unlock the power in our platform;
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities for user research, to test and validate design concepts with end users
Who You Are:
- You have extensive experience advancing UX best practices to design complete user experiences that both meet business needs and align with product vision.
- You’re a master of visualization and can effectively communicate your vision via design.
- You have a strong point of view; you’re willing to engage in constructive debate and dialogue with your internal partners across technology teams.
- You’re an expert in the craft of design, proficient in conducting design workshops and requirements gathering.
- You are passionate about talking to customers.
- You’re experimental. You’re eager to solicit feedback and iterate on your designs and solutions.
- You’re flexible and collaborative, with the ability to seamlessly partner with dev teams in a scrum setting.
- You are passionate about all things UX. You research and showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- 7+ years of UX design experience, including in a leadership role on a UX team.
- A B.S. or M.S. in computer interaction or an equivalent field.
- A consistent track record of launching simple, effective, and beautiful products in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Portfolio of past UX/IA projects.
- Prior SaaS experience a plus (B2B experience a must).
- Understanding of digital marketing in e-commerce space a plus.
- Expert in prototyping, design, hand-off software (Sketch + Axure/Invision/Framer + Zeplin/Avocode).
- Proficient in quant/qual user research (discovery, exploratory, validation) tools (Validately, Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Proficient in responsive web application product development practices.
- Nice to have: knowledge of e-commerce design and platforms (preferably Demandware, Magento and Hybris).