Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
As the Lead Product Designer at Sailthru, you’ll lead the product design function and strategy to enhance the experience of our marketing software; making the platform as easy and intuitive as it is powerful and flexible for our customers. You’ll be a player-coach who will deliver hands-on design and manage a small, but capable team. You’ll work directly with our customers and as well as partner with our product managers, developers, support, and sales staff to create a research driven approach to design and UX. Your work will directly impact customer retention; your mandate will be to create a user experience so compelling that customers will never want to stop using our product.
What You’ll Do
Reporting into our Director of Product Management, you’ll lead the design team and work in partnership with Engineering and Product, to develop beautiful customer-driven designs, iterate on our design and UX direction, and processes for all customer-facing products. You’ll also:
- Define the overall design strategy and vision for our products, working with department heads to ensure full alignment and execution;
- Work hand in hand with our product management and engineering teams in all phases of a product development, from discovery to delivery to continuous improvement;
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity UI designs
- Build a UX research, design, test and review process that ensures user experience is at the forefront of our product development efforts;
- Research and advance ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience;
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas;
- Play a leadership role in User Testing (our clients are your sounding board and they’re excited to give you feedback to fuel your prototypes);
- Make data both visible and actionable by working alongside our data science and analytics teams to present our customers with the clearest visualizations and displays of their data;
- Drive the product’s branding - you’ll own the palettes, fonts, icons, styles, shapes and animations of our next generation platform;
- Inspire our team; we’re great at developing ideas that expand and add power to our product but you’ll keep us focused on not only the “what” but more importantly the “why”;
- Learn our customers’ businesses; by knowing what they do and how they do it, you’ll enable customers to unlock the power in our platform;
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities for user research, to test and validate design concepts with end users
Who You Are
- You have extensive experience advancing UX and UI best practices to design complete user experiences that both meet business needs and align with product vision.
- You’re a master of visualization and can effectively communicate your vision via design.
- You have a strong point of view; you’re willing to engage in constructive debate and dialogue with your internal partners across technology teams.
- You’re an expert in the craft of design, proficient in conducting design workshops and requirements gathering.
- You are passionate about talking to customers.
- You’re experimental. You’re eager to solicit feedback and iterate on your designs and solutions.
- You’re flexible and collaborative, with the ability to seamlessly partner with dev teams in a scrum setting.
- You are passionate about all things UX. You research and showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- 4+ years of product design experience, including in a leadership role
- A consistent track record of launching simple, effective, and beautiful products in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Portfolio of past UX/IA projects.
- Prior SaaS experience a plus, ideally in B2B
- Understanding of digital marketing in e-commerce and media verticals a plus.
- Expert in prototyping, design, hand-off software (Sketch + Axure/Invision/Framer + Zeplin).
- Proficient in quant/qual user research (discovery, exploratory, validation) tools (Validately, Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Proficient in responsive web application product development practices.