Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But we’re so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. We’re committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce and publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, and onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, and Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe — from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand — making it a reality.
As Senior Product Designer at Sailthru, you’ll be a leader in product design in our NYC office optimizing the experience of our marketing software; making the platform as easy and intuitive as it is powerful and flexible for our customers. You’ll work directly with our users and as well as partner with our product managers, developers, support, and sales staff to create a research-driven approach to design and UX. Your work will directly impact customer retention; your mandate will be to create a user experience so compelling that customers will never want to stop using our product.
What You’ll Do:
You will work in partnership with Engineering and Product to beautiful designs and iterate on our design and UX direction for all customer-facing products. You will report to the Lead Product Designer. You’ll also:
- Work collaboratively with our product management and engineering teams in all phases of a product development, from discovery to delivery to continuous improvement;
- Create UI designs at multiple fidelities: from whiteboard concept sketches to clickable high fidelity prototypes;
- Operate within an agile UX research, design, test and review process that ensures user experience is at the forefront of our product development efforts;
- Inspire our team; we’re great at developing ideas that expand and add power to our product but you’ll keep us focused on not only the “what” but more importantly the “why”;
- Empower the development team to move faster by collaborating on a single design system with the UI team;
- Research our competitors and other world-class SaaS platforms to ensure our product is on the cutting edge of simple and effective product design;
- Learn our customers’ businesses; by knowing what they do and how they do it, you’ll enable customers to unlock the power in our platform;
- Make data both visible and actionable by working alongside our data science and analytics teams to present our customers with the clearest visualizations and displays of their data;
Who You Are:
- You have proven experience advancing UX and UI best practices to design complete product workflows that both meet business needs and align with product strategy.
- You are passionate about talking to customers.
- You’re flexible and collaborative, with the ability to seamlessly partner with dev teams in an agile setting.
- You are passionate about all things user experience. You research and showcase knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You have a strong point of view, and you’re willing to engage in constructive debate and dialogue with your internal partners across technology teams.
- You’re an expert in the craft of design, proficient in conducting design workshops and requirements gathering, and can think and work in systems.
- You’re a master of visualization and can effectively communicate your vision via design.
- You're experimental - eager to solicit feedback and iterate on your designs and solutions.
- 4+ years of product design experience, ideally in a SaaS environment
- A consistent track record of launching simple, effective, and beautiful products in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Portfolio of past UX/IA projects.
- Expert in prototyping, design, and hand-off software (e.g.: Sketch + Axure/Invision/Framer + Zeplin).
- Proficient in quant/qual user research (discovery, exploratory, validation) tools (Validately, Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Survey Monkey, etc.)
- Proficient in responsive web application product development practices.
- Understanding of digital marketing in e-commerce and media verticals a plus.