How do you contact companies you do business with? Voice, chat, email, SMS, social media? Gladly was built to help rethink how the world’s top brands communicate with their customers.
We're currently hiring software engineers to join our growing team in San Francisco.
What’s life at Gladly like?
We’d like to give you a good idea of what it's like to work at Gladly. We value the strength of our team above everything else. We believe in open communication and in sharing opinions, not in micromanagement. We openly discuss all aspects of our business, and avoid internal politics. We learn from each other, and we help each other learn. We focus on a common goal, which is the success of our customers, and through it the success of our business and our people. We have a collaborative culture of mutual respect - many of us are working together for a second and even a third time. We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, so we don't spend our entire lives in the office. Come join us!
About the Role
We're in search of a software engineer with experience in machine learning to use Gladly's unique dataset and to develop high-impact products. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers and designers to identify product opportunities, validate and tune machine learning models, and integrate them directly into our platform. This is a greenfield opportunity where you’ll be involved in making critical decisions that will have a far reaching impact on our product and data pipeline from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Analyze and derive insights from large, complex data sets, including real-world conversational data.
- Iteratively develop, test and integrate state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network models to improve our customer service platform.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines to ensure quality and scalability from ingestion to transformation and storage.
- Apply coding skills to integrate your models directly into the product, collaborating with other engineers and designers.
Some example projects include:
- Apply deep learning techniques to automatically respond to customer inquiries.
- Design a speech recognition system for high quality multi-speaker call transcriptions.
- Develop optimal routing algorithms to prioritize and match customers with agents best suited to handle their questions.
This position offers multiple degrees of freedom. Whatever your role is here, you'll able to branch out and work on different projects as needed.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Is highly inquisitive and can derive patterns and insights from large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Has a keen desire to solve business problems through tailored data science and machine learning techniques. Can see the big picture and understand requirements from other points of view, beyond just the spec.
- Excels at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you. Able to communicate both high level principles and nuances of machine learning methods to product managers and engineers.
- Has a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling, feature selection and dimensionality reduction, and classification, ranking and recommendation techniques.
- Production experience with NLP, ASR and search.
- Experience working with large-scale data frameworks.
The ideal candidate is a software engineer currently practicing machine learning techniques in a production environment. However we are also open to candidates with deep expertise in machine learning who are transitioning from academia.
Just to highlight why you'll love working here at Gladly:
- We're still a small and bureaucracy-free company, so you'll be able to see projects from concept to production, ship and iterate quickly.
- We have a collaborative culture of mutual respect - many of us are working together for a second and even a third time.
- We believe in open communication and in sharing opinions, not in micromanagement.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, so we don't spend our entire lives in the office.
Gladly offers competitive salaries, stock options, and generous paid time off as well as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness Stipend
- Equipment of your choice
- Commuter Benefits