At SafetyCulture, we’re empowering front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world-class engineering team. We have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month, and having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform, and have ambitious goals to reach millions of workers by 2025.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure); Rest API’s & gRPC.
As a Quality Engineer, you will facilitate communication across all of SafetyCulture with the intent of improving clarity and insight into the software development life cycle. Working as part of our Customer Facing Engineering Tribe you will be working in a cross-functional team with Engineers, a Product Manager and a Product Designer. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Influence our Software Engineers to become more efficient and productive
- Be an advocator for testability and observability of the system
- Contribute to evolving testing practices
- Guide the development of a Quality Mindset within your team with the intent to impact positively on team health and quality culture
- Drive quality strategy discussions, identify gaps, and highlight potential risks in the product roadmap
- Extend automation frameworks and perform exploratory testing
- Actively participate in the QE guild
- Improve awareness and comprehension of different layers of testing ( i.e. Performance, API, UI, Unit testing)
How you can have an impact
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function. You’ll actively participate in initiatives aimed at improving the way we do things, experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the engineering leadership team. We encourage involvement in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer-term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- Having a growth mindset. You will want to be continuously improving
- Experience driving engineering excellence and best practice
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Scripting experience
- Communicates effectively with both technical and business stakeholders
- Building and running SaaS or cloud services at scale
- Agile delivery experience
- A breadth of knowledge of a variety of platforms and approaches
- Experience forecasting requirements for the team and capacity planning
- A technical background relevant to one of our teams: IoT, API, Analytics, Task Engine, or Core Experience
- Experience with Cloud Deployment
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- An in-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite hackathon
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: to empower front line workers to improve safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. While all of our Engineering teams are is based within Australia, we have around 300 people across our global offices. SafetyCulture has a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.