At SafetyCulture, we’re empowering front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
We’re looking for talented people to help us build a world class engineering team. We have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month, and having a positive impact on their lives. We’re facing interesting technical challenges as we scale the platform, and have ambitious goals to reach millions of workers by 2025.
As our IT specialist, it is your job to take ownership of all the IT groundwork support for Australian and international offices. You will assist the Information Technology team with all aspects of technical support and be the office ‘go-to’ person for IT needs. This includes, but not limited to user support, computer setup, maintenance and service, assisting with networking maintenance and all other important technology needs we have here at SafetyCulture.
How you can have an impact
By providing a high level of customer service and on-site technical support at events, including team stand-ups, product demos, internal customer events and meetups. Support includes Macs (primarily), PCs, VoIP systems, audiovisual equipment and the variety of SaaS offerings SafetyCulture leverages in its operation. You’ll communicate frequently with end users as well as with global support teams, looking for improvement opportunities.
- Mac OS experience
- Okta SSO and Provisioning experience
- Experience with JAMF Pro (Apple Mobile Device Management)
- Ability to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to management and colleagues
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Google Suite Admin
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 10, Office 365 and performing SaaS tool admin
- Self-starting attitude, resourcefulness and professionalism
- Strong ability to identify, analyse and solve problems
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: to empower front line workers to improve safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have around 300 people. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.
- SafetyCulture Completes AUD$60 Million Series C Funding Round
- ShipIt 2019
- Diversity and Opportunity
- Product overview