Join SADA as a Director, Data Engineering!
SADA is seeking a Director of Data Engineering to operate as a senior leader within the Google Cloud Professional Services organization. The Director will possess an expansive and deep business knowledge of the field of data engineering, especially as it pertains to modern public clouds, and have experience working in a consulting or client-facing role. The Director will be immediately responsible for the Data Engineering and Business Intelligence practice areas in terms of strategy, growth, profitability, quality and execution, having direct oversight of the relevant delivery organization. In summation, this person will represent SADA as a delivery leader in all things data.
This role works closely with stakeholders across presales and delivery, such as Sales, Presales Engineering, Solution Architecture, Project Management, Resource Management, Managed Services, Delivery Leadership, and more, all in the effort of maximizing the effectiveness of the team’s delivery. The Director will partner with Sales and Solutions Architecture to develop meaningful leads, establish the credibility of the delivery teams, close deals and grow the existing customer base. The ideal candidate will have a background in Big Data, data warehouse modernization and analytics, data infrastructure, data governance, data science and machine learning.
This position will report directly to the Head of Engineering, Google Cloud.
In this role, you will:
- Be comfortable working with customer executives to align business outcomes with technical vision and goals.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of a geographically distributed team, including hiring world-class talent, setting organizational goals, providing thought leadership, directing managers and senior individual contributors, and establishing a high bar of execution quality.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and mentorship on a diverse range of subject matter areas, such as personnel management and career growth to technical architectures and solutioning.
- Partner with and codify best practices for your team that can be replicated across multiple customer engagements.
- Partner with your team to develop services and offerings that scale and are repeatable.
Pathway to Success
#BeOneStepAhead: At SADA we are in the business of change. We are focused on leading-edge technology that is ever-evolving. We embrace change enthusiastically and encourage agility. This means that not only do our employees know that change is inevitable, but they embrace this change to continuously expand their skills, preparing for future customer needs.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast growing data practice area with vision and passion. You will be measured by your team’s performance on customer engagements, how well your team achieves internal organizational goals, how well you collaborate with and support your team and peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that takes you through the SADA leadership growth track.
Required Travel - <10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a semi-regular basis, particularly to help the team establish technical credibility in early stages of presales, helping to close deals, and handling escalations if there are significant issues encountered during delivery. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- Experience in P&L management, financial oversight, organizational development, personnel management, and data services
- Expertise leading engineering teams in the following or similar domain areas:
- Batch/streaming data: building batch/streaming ETL/ELT pipelines with frameworks such as Apache Beam or Google Cloud DataFlow and working with messaging systems like Pub/Sub, Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Data Integration Tools: building data pipelines using the modern data integration tools such as Fivetran, Striim, Data Fusion, etc.
- Large Enterprise Migration: migrating assets to the cloud including data lakes, data warehouses, OLTP databases, NoSQL datastores, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning: conducting feasibility analyses during discovery, developing custom models, productionizing, implementing MLOps, etc.
- Experience in technical consulting or other customer facing role
- Experience building consensus among diverse leadership stakeholders, inspiring a team into action, assessing team and individual performance, and holding organization members accountable to goals, outcomes and deliverables
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.