Join SADA as a Google Workspace Sales Engineer!
As a Google Workspace Sales Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype, and scope the deployment of Google Workspace to an organization. You are able to effectively architect these solutions that bring in additional partners such as Okta and AODocs. You will work with engineering teams, customers, and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You’re also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you advocate.
You will be an established contributor within SADA and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work. You will demonstrate repeated delivery of accurate SOWs and effort estimations. You will also lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions during the sales cycles.
Pathway to Success
#DrivePurposefulImpact: You are a rainmaker! You are way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the spectrum of corporate and enterprise customers that need our consultative services. You have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and take pride in helping them solve their real-world problems on Google Workspace.
You will be measured quarterly by a combination of (a) the accuracy of effort estimations of signed SOWs that you shepherd through the sales funnel, and (b) the level of customer satisfaction measured at the end of each engagement.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the solutions architecture or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 30% - 40% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing - This is a very customer-facing role. You will usually interact with potential customers on a daily basis. You will participate on calls and onsite customer meetings to qualify consultative engagements with the engineering teams. You will present proposals and prototypes to build trust, confidence, and consensus both externally and internally.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- Google Professional Collaboration Engineer Certified and Google Workspace Certified, or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment
- Google Sales Certifications and Okta Sales Certifications (public links unavailable) will be expected to be completed within the first 90 days of employment
- Expertise in at least two of the following domain areas:
- Fundamental Email Concepts: Understanding of mail exchanger and DNS records, platform concepts available in Exchange/O365, spam and antivirus products, mail routing functionalities
- Active Directory: Provisioning and lifecycle concepts within Active Directory
- Identity Management: building an IDM model with Okta and/or ADFS/Azure as the IDP for GSuite and other applications
- Mail Migrations: migration of mail objects from an organization’s mail platform to Google Workspace. Understanding the steps and processes which are considered best practice according to Google methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of stakeholders
- Hands-on experience with Google Workspace, traditional on-premises and enterprise mail, and collaboration technologies
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams
- Experience producing technical assets or writing technical documentation, including, but not limited to, architecture designs and documentation and statements of work
- Time management with the ability to manage multiple streams
- Direct experience working with a variety of cloud technologies such as AODocs, Okta, Bettercloud, Cloudmanager, as well as designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes
- Understanding of security and networking pertaining to Google Workspace
- Direct experience with ChromeOS
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security
- Thought leadership with the ability to recommend cloud-native approaches to solve customer business and technical challenges
- Understanding of best practices, design patterns, and reference architectures with an uncanny ability to recommend these as needed
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.