Join SADA as a Revenue Manager!
As a Revenue Manager at SADA, you will be joining the dynamic Revenue Operations team and will play a key role in SADA’s revenue recognition management, monthly revenue close, account reconciliations, audit, and revenue disclosures & reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting analysis & issues to various internal business partners and external auditors. This is a critical role in our growing Finance team and requires an exceptional performer. The successful candidate will be able to learn new processes quickly, adapt to ever-changing priorities, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively across multiple functions with a special focus on system improvements and process transformations. This position reports directly to Sr. Director, Revenue Operations.
- Manage end-to-end revenue recognition function, including the month-end and quarter-end revenue close processes with review and approval of account adjusting entries and monthly reconciliations, and related reporting and disclosures
- Review revenue arrangements in NetSuite to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 606 under US GAAP)
- Review fair value analyses for arrangements with multiple performance obligations
- Apply judgement to the application of complex revenue recognition rules on diverse sales arrangement with multiple performance obligations
- Partner with SalesOps, Billing Ops, Accounting, FP&A, Legal and Sales teams to review and address various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition
- Assist with the development and implementation of new accounting policies. Maintain revenue accounting policies and memos.
- Maintain comprehensive view of Order-to-Cash process working cross functionally to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Manage monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries and applicable reconciliations
- Work with Professional Services team to prepare corresponding journal entries and reconciliations of fixed fee projects and other services revenue
- Partner with the FP&A team to manage revenue forecasting, budgeting process, and explanation of revenue variances
- Partner with the Business Systems team to manage the end-to-end process of identifying and resolving system related revenue recognition issues, including testing proposed solutions and validating the expected outcomes. Continuously improve the automation of the revenue recognition processes and system efficiencies.
- Support the leadership team by preparing revenue analytics and revenue related management reporting on an ongoing basis
- Manage quarterly and annual financial audit processes, including preparation of revenue schedules and provision of supporting documents to the external auditors
- Manage ad hoc reporting, analysis, or other projects, as needed
Pathway to Success
#BeDataDriven: The candidate will be working with large volumes of data and running multiple calculations for both reporting and analytical purposes, enabling SADA to make impactful decisions from a solid base of information
#MakeThemRave: This role will routinely interact with both internal and external stakeholders, including a high-powered Sales teams, internal leadership, and external partners; our goal is always to make our stakeholders a priority and exceed their expectations
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast growing business with vision and passion. Moreover, success will come from showcasing our core values in action.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all onboarding will be temporarily conducted remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related business degree
- 5+ years of revenue recognition experience in a SaaS/software company industry
- Strong technical knowledge and thorough understanding of revenue recognition rules
- Experience in the application ASC 606 and a working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue accounting
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Experience with financial reporting/ERP systems
- Understanding of spreadsheets and statistical methods for examining data, and proficiency with the advance features of Excel (Power User)/Advanced Excel skills
- Team player with the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with period-end close process, reporting in financial statements, and interfacing with external auditors
- Experience managing projects and coordinating cross-functional efforts
- Additional experience in a technology group and/or a high growth company is a plus
- Experience working for a fast-paced SaaS organization is a plus
- Public accounting experience with a Big 4 and/or technology industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ERP system functionality; Oracle Financials/NetSuite knowledge is a plus
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.