Join SADA as a Senior Site Reliability Architect!
As a Senior Site Reliability Architect at SADA, you will reduce customer anxiety of running production workloads in the cloud by implementing and iteratively improving observability, reliability, and security. You will have the opportunity to engage with our customers in a meaningful way by defining, measuring, and improving key business metrics; eliminating toil through automation; inspecting code, design, implementation, and operational procedures; enabling experimentation by helping create a culture of ownership; increase deployment velocity without compromising safety; and winning customer trust through education, skill sharing, and implementing recommendations. Your efforts will accelerate our customers’ cloud adoption journey and we will be with them through the transformation of their applications, infrastructure, and internal processes. You will be part of a new social contract between customers and service providers that demands shared responsibility and accountability: our partnership with our customers will ensure we are working towards a common goal and share a common fate.
This is primarily a customer-facing role. You will also work closely with SADA’s Customer Experience team to execute on their recommendations to our customers, and with Professional Services on large projects that require PMO support. The success of the SRE team will be evaluated by our ability to measure the value of modernization.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our motivation is to provide customers with an exceptional experience in migrating, developing, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured bi-yearly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- Expert ability to work with clients to align business objectives to technology solutions
- Extensive experience architecting and documenting cloud native infrastructure modernization solutions
- Remaining up-to-date on emerging technologies, architecture, and industry best practices and proposing them as solutions to client challenges
- Presenting technical solutions to clients and leading technical design discussions
- Ability to participate in software code refactoring to modernize infrastructure
- Infrastructure as code expertise
- Developing and maintaining configuration management and deployment automation solutions
- Proficiency in networking, security, and databases
- Expertise with critical support systems such as monitoring, code version control, resource management, and automated incident management
- Technical mentorship and team building skills
- Expert ability to identify and address deficiencies, performance bottlenecks, and bugs
- Experience participating in an agile delivery team
- Reviewing code, testing strategies, documentation, and feature delivery quality
- Example technologies: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, xMatters, Kubernetes (k8s), Kafka, MySQL, mongoDB, Sysdig, Hashicorp Vault, Active Directory, Istio, NGINX
Candidates with these qualifications will have stronger standing, but they are not absolutely necessary.
- Understanding of Chaos Engineering
- Understanding of PCI, SOC2, GDPR, FEDRAMP, and HIPAA compliance standards
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows administration and security, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.