U.S. / Canadian time zones required
Compensation: $160000 - $220000 USD OTE
About SaaS Academy
The SaaS Academy Team is on a mission to help Software as a Service (SaaS) companies grow to new heights through world-class coaching and training.
Our CEO, Dan Martell is an award-winning entrepreneur and investor who has founded multiple companies. He was named Canada’s top angel investor and he's completed over 40+ investments with amazing companies like Udemy, Intercom, and Unbounce.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced marketing leader to drive the marketing strategy for SaaS Academy, audit and improve our customer journey, and successfully partner closely with the Sales Team to exceed revenue targets. We need a savvy, fast-moving, data-driven leader that has a customer-first mentality. This person will be a Machine Builder who enjoys building brand new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones. To thrive in this role, you should have a deep understanding of early-stage SaaS companies and a proven track record of developing an industry-leading brand. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and is a key member of SaaS Academy's senior leadership team.
Here are the three primary components of the Director of Marketing role:
- Drive the Marketing Strategy: Lead the development and execution of our marketing strategy which includes content marketing, paid media, partnerships, and self-liquidating offers, and improve the output of our existing marketing spend. They will work daily with our demand generation and creative teams to improve the quality and efficacy of our work and ensure we are representing the voice of our customers to evolve the SaaS Academy brand. They will measure and communicate the success of the marketing approaches and programs in collaboration with our Director of Revenue Operations and Chief Operation and Revenue Officers to ensure the strategy supports SaaS Academy’s revenue targets and Vivid Vision.
- Nurture the Customer Journey: Audit the customer journey which includes how we attract core customers, share client wins and results, and build trust in our brand. Our marketing content should enter the conversation already going on in our prospective clients’ minds and should speak directly to the struggles they’re already thinking about.
- Support the Sales Team: Partner with the Director of Sales to drive qualified prospective clients to the funnel and engage them with the right messaging. The Director of Marketing will identify the key assets to support the Sales Team to improve show rates, one call closes, and post-call follow-up.
- Drive the Marketing Strategy: Within the first 90 days, the newly developed marketing strategy will deliver $3.6M in pipeline month-over-month, which equates to 120 SaaS Academy qualified appointments conducted monthly. Construct ROI models and forecast the financial impact of marketing strategies, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Nurture the Customer Journey: Within the first 120 days, lead a project to consolidate and improve the experience of prospective clients through our existing funnels, and ensure our pages are on message and converting well. Increased appointments booked through email marketing, reduced lead-to-opportunity times, and qualitative feedback from customers about the quality and timeliness of our funnels.
- Support the Sales Team: Within the first 30 days, a sales enablement roadmap will be created and then executed over the following 12 months which will result in a reduction in average times to close and increased show rates. Help the company engage with prospective clients and leverage this to attract new core customers and grow our brand attraction.
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing; 5+ years of marketing leadership experience
- Strong understanding of SaaS, tech, or coaching industries
- Highly analytical with a proven track record of consistently over-achieving marketing and revenue goals as a leader
- Customer-focused and committed to quality service; strong work ethic, positive attitude, Candid communicator, and self-starter; adept at testing, refining, and implementing new ideas
- Possesses a willingness to receive and provide coaching for continuous personal development.
- U.S. / Canadian timezones (Pacific Standard Time highly preferred)
- Ability to build strong relationships across global teams and functions
- Experienced with online tools (ie: Google docs, sheets, Zoom, Calendly, Hubspot)
Benefits and Hiring Process
- Compensation: $160,000 - $220,000 USD OTE
- Generous Benefits: We offer Unlimited PTO, health benefits, development training, and a robust and nourishing culture & team that is world-class
- Please check out the How We Hire section on our website to see what the steps are for our hiring process. Taking the time to apply means a lot to us! If you apply, you’ll hear from us, whether we feel you’re a good match for us, or not, as part of our process.