We are looking for a Data Architect to join our Data Analytics Team in Chicago, IL.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and manage our new data platform through all aspects of data orchestration, including data ingestion, ETL, and data visualization/reporting
- Recommend and select new data and analytics technologies to support user requirements
- Collaborate with business partners to define and support their data reporting, operational KPIs, and BI requirements
- Lead the implementation and adoption of data governance and data hygiene across the organization to ensure consistent and clean data in the new data platform
- Balance incoming requests, debugging and troubleshooting data issues, and providing visibility on status updates to stakeholders
- Partner with the business to help lead change management efforts associated with the roll out of Tableau
- Provide thought leadership to the organization on Data Analytics, proactively bringing new analytical insights to leadership
- Manage a Senior Data Analyst; Hire additional roles required to build our Data Analytics team
Skills + Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated Data Engineering experience with an eagerness to grow into a Data Architect position; 1-3 years of Data Architect experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree form an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree is a plus
- Proven ability to develop a technical solution to a business problem
- Experience identifying data discrepancies and articulating concerns and potential solutions
- Success in bridging the gap between a technical team and business stakeholders
- Significant experience as an ETL/ELT developer, including Cloud ETL orchestration
- Knowledge in SQL and database development fundamentals; Experience writing complex SQL statements to transform data from its raw format into a new data model format is a plus
- Proven ability to design and architect data solutions
- Experience designing / building data models (dimensional, data vault, third normal form, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake and/or Tableau is a plus
What’s important to the team?
For the remainder of the year, the Data Analytics Team is focused on implementing the foundational elements of our data architecture, including ETL development and the roll-out of Tableau to drive the business towards more proactive, data-driven decision making. The Data Architect will lead the vision and execution of our new data platform, acting as a thought leader and partner to the business as we navigate the associated change management, controls, and training. We are looking for someone who has recent Engineering experience and is eager to flex across engineering, architecting, and analytics to build our Data Analytics practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.