AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is looking for a talented Staff Data Engineer to join our team! As a Staff Data Engineer at RVO Health, you will have the chance to build technology that drives real improvements to consumer health outcomes and has the potential to have widespread impact across the healthcare industry. You will design, develop, test, and maintain big data pipelines for ingestion, segmentation, and reporting to drive our vision!
What You'll Do:
- Provide technology ownership for data solutions for projects that the team has been tasked with.
- Work with a cross functional team of business analysts, architects, engineers, data analysts and data scientists to formulate both business and technical requirements.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Documenting database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Provide input into strategies as they drive the team forward with delivery of business value and technical acumen.
- Execute on proof of concepts, where appropriate, to help improve our technical processes.
- Conduct Technical assessments and mentor junior team members
What We're Looking For:
- 7-10 years of Data Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience working on Spark (RDDs / Data Frames / Dataset API) using Scala/Python to build and maintain complex ETL pipelines.
- 4+ years of experience in the big data space
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical data solutions on a large scale.
- 2+ years of experience working on AWS (Kinesis / Kafka / S3 / RedShift) or Azure.
- Able to research and troubleshoot potential issues presented by stakeholders within the data ecosystem.
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes
- Experience with Compute technologies like EMR and Databricks
- Experience working job orchestration (eg., Airflow / AWS Step Function)
- Experience with Data Modeling, Data warehousing
- Working with Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly.
- Able to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
"Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements."
- Starting Salary: $130,000-$210,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.