- Fully remote: runZero is a 100% remote company. While other companies are struggling with the new normal, we decided to lean in, knowing that a lot of folks out there don't want to commute or sit in a cubicle every day. We don't actually have an office, so we won't ever ask you to "come in 3 days a week". That said, we try to get together in person for kick-offs.
- Fast, sustainable growth: Despite the pandemic, we have grown tremendously over the past year. runZero is financially solid, and we have secured funding to support our future growth. Plus, we have great investors who are familiar with the security space.
- Product-market fit: We're already selling, a lot, with hundreds of paying customers from mid-market to very large enterprises and thousands of freemium users. Learn about how runZero works and how it helps our customers with their business. If you want to learn about our cool technology, listen to this podcast with our co-founder HD Moore (creator of Metasploit).
- High customer satisfaction: We'd rather you hear this from our users. If you want to try runZero, just get our 21-day trial. You'll know what you have on your home network in about 12 minutes.
- Great benefits: For 2023, we're matching 4% of your 401K. You'll get platinum-level medical, vision, dental, life and short-term disability virtually free ($0.17 per month for a family of two).
- Friendly and productive culture: We have a diverse team with no tech-bro culture, no crazy hours, and a productive atmosphere. Read about our cultural values.
runZero is looking for a subject matter expert in the security space to build a strategic narrative to increase market presence. Your positioning and messaging will cultivate our brand identity and establish us as a thought leader in the asset discovery and inventory space. While serving as one voice of the customer, you will collaborate closely with sales, product management, engineering and the rest of marketing to take our product to new successes in the security marketplace.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with content creation and review (ads, blogs, guides, talk tracks)
- Observe the competitive landscape and conduct market research
- Develop positioning and messaging for target buyer personas for sales enablement, campaign creatives, and website
- Provide subject matter guidance for overall go-to-market in the security space
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, product management, and the rest of the marketing department
- Seek improvements in the full customer journey from lead to prospect to customer to champion
- Engage with customers in support of the above
Skills You Have
- Deep knowledge of the Security markets either as a product marketer or lead of a consulting practice or any other role with significant GTM responsibilities
- Relish working in a highly multidisciplinary role where the path forward means working through ambiguity or learning new skills
- Ability to understand and operate a highly-technical networking product (ability to talk about the OSI model without preparation would be important, for example)
- Past experience engaging directly with customers at the executive and engineer level
- Ability to synthesize information from disparate sources into a cohesive narrative understood by a non-technical audience
- Customer empathy
- Vulnerability management (VM), endpoint detection & remediation (EDR), incident response (IR), operational technology (OT) security, network access control (NAC), attack surface management (ASM) are bonus points!
runZero values transparency in the hiring process. According to our market data, we’re expecting this role to come in at a salary of about $165k - $200k plus stock options. We know that the talent market is always in flux, so please let us know if you believe we have advertised this role at the wrong salary band.
We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
- Top of the line medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages with runZero paying for 99% of the premium
- A stock option plan consistent with early stage, rapidly-growing startups
- A competitive salary composed of cash and equity compensation
- A flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) matching program
runZero positions are currently restricted to the United States. International applications will not be considered.
We strive to make data-driven decisions where data is readily available, which is why we support vaccines and are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace. Even though we are a remote only company, runZero requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 so that we can safely get together for company off-sites and kick-offs, QBRs, in-person customer meetings, and more. We are all responsible adults, and expect that you will keep up with the COVID-19 booster schedule, as recommended by the CDC. The Company will consider requests for an accommodation or exemption to this requirement, as required by applicable law, for non customer-facing roles.
runZero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, nationality or any other basis covered by applicable law.
We encourage under-represented applicants to apply, even if you don’t think you fit 100% of the criteria (nobody ever does)!