Runwise is looking for a growth-minded Sales Development Representative (SDR) who wants to jump-start their career on our rapidly scaling and mission-driven sales team.
Runwise (www.runwise.com) is a fast-paced New York City-based energy startup that controls and runs heating systems in nearly 6,000 + buildings throughout the Northeast. Runwise’s unique hardware and software services significantly reduce energy usage - substantially lowering costs and carbon output. As of today, Runwise's technology takes the equivalent of 35,000 cars worth of carbon emissions off the road each year. Runwise works with the biggest owners and property managers in the Northeast and is backed by some of the most prestigious investors in the space.
As an SDR at Runwise, you will be charged with helping Runwise expand our footprint and find our next great customers. You will need to learn industry dynamics, and organization structures, and be a compelling voice to spark prospect interest. SDRs are responsible for making initial contact with target building owners and property managers and get to work with our talented team of Account Executives to convert over new customers. SDRs set the tone for the entire sales cycle and will learn how Real Estate teams make buying decisions.
The right candidate is someone who is goal oriented, thinks out of the box, has solid presentation skills, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate also understands how to assess a company’s needs and specifically cater the outreach to each prospect.
- Identify key players, quickly assess business cases for Runwise, and formulate a pitch
- Leverage a variety of data tools to locate contact information for an account
- Utilize calls, emails, and other creative tactics to connect with accounts and drum up interest in Runwise
- Work with Account Executives to make sure deals are moving through the sales funnel and more buildings are signing on with Runwise
- Maintain clean systems and gain proficiency in CRM (Salesforce), automated email tools (Outreach), lead gen tools, city databases, and excel.
This entry-level position requires an aspiring self-starter and someone that can effectively process inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
- 0-3 years as an SDR or similar sales role.
- Real estate or EMS solutions experience is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic.
- Enthusiasm for personal career growth in a scaling company.
- High level of integrity and a energetic commitment to building a successful company.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with LinkedIn, Google Suite.
- Experience with CRM applications preferred.
Salary range: $80,000- $90,000 on target earnings with uncapped commission and additional monthly sales contests
Runwise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate and support diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences within our company.