At Runway, we believe everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to make professional video and content creation accessible to all. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, the web, and machine learning to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling 🚀
Over the last three years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors including Felicis, Coatue, Lux, and Amplify, all with a team small enough to fit at one (growing) table. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring and entrepreneurial individuals from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😄
About the role 🎉
We’re looking for a Research Manager to help us manage and grow Runway’s Applied ML Research team to create cutting-edge machine learning tools for AI-based content creation. This person should have a strong research background in computer vision, and be deeply interested in managing and enabling other researchers to develop state-of-the-art research.
This is a cross-functional role that requires strong communication and collaboration skills; you will have a chance to work with the rest of the engineering organization to oversee the transition from research into production, as well as with the Product team to initiate and develop research projects that deliver clear user value.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Work with a world-class engineering & research team pushing the boundaries of content creation on the browser
- Lead, hire, and grow Runway’s applied machine learning research team, supporting the research scientists & ML engineers on the team in their career growth and learning
- Coordinate with the product team and the rest of the engineering team to define high-level research goals aligned with overall company initiatives
- Write tooling and prototypes to unblock and increase the productivity of other researchers
What you’ll need 💻
- 4+ years of industry experience as a research scientist in computer vision
- High emotional intelligence and experience mentoring and supporting the career growth of other researchers
- Good understanding of how to communicate goals, drive the execution of projects, and inspire through others
- Experience in translating product and business objectives into technical strategies
- Deep interest in productionizing state of the art ML research
Runway strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on competitive market rates for our size, stage and industry, and salary is just one part of the overall compensation package we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $180-$240K
Working at Runway 🥳
We are a small and growing team of artists, engineers, researchers, and dreamers working together to reimagine creativity. And we’re building a unique team of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. We believe that this will allow us to continue to up-level each other, our company, and our product. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep exploring Runway: