THE ROLE: Graphic Designer - Gilt and Rue La La
A Graphic Designer at Rue Gilt Groupe will design and develop digital assets for Marketing and Boutiques. We’re looking for someone with the desire to be a part of something big, the training and foundation to create outstanding work daily, a sophisticated aesthetic sense and the interest to collaborate and succeed in a dynamic retail fashion environment. You’ll be joining a team that takes pride in the excellence of everything they do, all while respecting and protecting the integrity of the world-class brands featured on-site
- Create digital assets from conceptualization, to design, through final sign-off
- Develop and maintain design standards for all assets pertaining to the Gilt and Rue La La brands
- Develop excellent designs that showcase world-class fashion brands with the same level of quality the brands hold for themselves
- Inspire and mentor associate designers by modeling a collegial, positive working environment for other Gilt and Rue La La Creative Team members
- Develop concepts for photography and design to support branded and curated site takeovers
- Stay on top of all trends in design in order to keep the Gilt and Rue La La Creative Team inspired and in the know
- Work collaboratively on each project with others on the team including art directors, designers, copywriters, copyeditors etc.
- Receive and give constructive feedback on each project with a positive attitude
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Digital Graphic Design chops – someone with a passion for, and mastery of, design and the desire to both direct and be hands-on.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group
- Strong skills with the entire Adobe CS5 suite with emphasis on Photoshop (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge)
- Love for all things fashion and the ability to identify up and coming stylistic trends
- Fresh thinking and curiosity – the ability to challenge assumptions, think innovatively and solve complex problems creatively
- Positive, driven, and solution oriented– we are a highly collaborative team
- Mastery of typography in both traditional and web-based environments
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, last-minute requests and quick turnarounds with a positive attitude
**We can’t wait to hear from you, so please submit your resume and online or pdf portfolio for consideration. Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.**
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That’s where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it’s the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, it’s just the beginning with this group.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.