THE ROLE: On Call Production Assistant (Van Driver)
We’re Looking For…
An on-call Production Assistant, who will work closely with the photo and production team on Location and in the studio. Primary duties will be driving the passenger van for location photo shoots, assisting with equipment, lighting, grip, packing and unpacking. Secondary duties will be maintaining studio organization, cleanliness, and other various tasks. This is a great opportunity to work with a wonderful group of creative people while gaining experience as an integral piece of our online business. You will work with the latest in retail photography in a strong, team environment.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Drive 12-15 passenger for on location photo shoots
- Responsible for loading and unloading equipment, props, and samples for on location shoot
- Assist Photographers and Stylists on set with all aspects of creating impactful imagery.
- Assist with overall setup and breakdown of daily sets.
- Various Photo Set prep tasks including painting walls, painting sets, putting up and taking down backdrops, assembling and moving furniture provided by vendor, etc.
- Assist in tracking and organization of all equipment and props.
- Assist with various tasks needed by Studio team.
- Learn what it takes to make the magic happen
- This position will report to the Studio Photographer.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 1+ year as a production assistant for commercial / e-commerce studio
- Minimum of 1 year plus driving large trucks and vans, non-CDL.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for up to approximately 8 hours and lift 25lbs / set pieces
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet tight and often shifting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered