Senior Director of Member Engagement
Boston, NYC or Remote
We're Looking For...
A Senior Director of Member Engagement to join our entrepreneurial, analytical, and fun marketing team. As a leader on the Member Engagement and Communications team, this role will drive strategy and execution across the member lifecycle (new member, active buyer, and top shopper / loyalty) to accelerate Rue Gilt Groupe top-line growth, retention, and member lifetime value. This role has additional direct management responsibility for the Rue La La and Gilt International Business.
What You’ll Do...
Develop and deliver meaningful programs, campaigns and experiences across the member lifecycle that drive member progression, visitation, activation, and loyalty. Key outcomes include delivery of active buyer and buyer revenue goals.
- Establish industry-leading customer relationship marketing programs utilizing a test and learn methodology to implement traditional and non-traditional methods of engaging and retaining customers.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive customer communications and lifecycle marketing strategy that encompasses email, push, SMS, onsite and mobile programs increasing customer engagement and lifetime value.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and value drivers by life-stage across the Rue La La and Gilt Groupe businesses.
- Generate and test new concepts and tactics that transform insight into action; scale successful pilots and transfer to go-to-market initiatives
- Define, launch, and evolve loyalty, shipping and promotional programs that enhance customer engagement and profitability.
- Develop the vision and end-to-end strategy to grow the Rue La La and Gilt International Business.
- Own key metrics driving the engagement and retention area and proactively improve performance, setting a high bar for the team and partners in terms of member orientation and analytical rigor.
- Communicate insights into drivers of performance and opportunities to the Rue Gilt Groupe Executive and Management teams on a monthly/ quarterly basis
- Grow and inspire a team focused on driving customer behaviors that maximize engagement and revenue generation through coaching, feedback, and change management
- Serve as a key leader within the company, identifying and driving business opportunities through cross-functional partnerships across Marketing, Creative, Product Management, Technology, and Buying/Merchandising
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 5+ years’ experience leading customer relationship marketing and loyalty programs.
- Experience in e-commerce/retail or B2C; fashion and/ or high growth companies a plus
- Proven track record of successfully establishing vision as well as designing, managing and scaling member lifecycle programs that drive meaningful value in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical horsepower and data-driven problem-solving skills; owned start-to-finish analytic solving of complex marketing problems (e.g., hypothesis, analysis plan, tools development, etc.) .
- Strong people leadership skills with 3+ years of team management experience
- High tolerance for ambiguity with proven ability to drive rigorous prioritization and decision making to achieve complex goals
- Entrepreneurial and global ownership mindset, with proven ability to influence and build advocacy for ideas at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior and creating outstanding customer experiences
Additional Skills a plus:
- Experience using analytics/ business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc
- Experience with Customer experience design and technical product management
- Digital Marketing knowledge including social and display
- SFMC (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) experience
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.