THE ROLE: Merchandise Planner
We’re looking for…
The Merchandise Planner is highly motivated, proactive and thrives on a fast-paced environment. They are responsible for driving their business across multiple channels through sales, margin and inventory management. This role has opportunity to make an enormous impact on company growth as well as gain exposure to top management.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Work with Directors, Sr Planners, and Merchandising team to develop pre-season plans and execute plans and forecasts across channels and departments
- Ensure that all event plans roll to top down sales, margin, and inventory targets.
- Manage OTB with category/brand direction and utilizing assortment plans and buying guides to aid the merchants with breadth, depth and size scale
- Responsible for identifying markdowns and pricing to ensure profitability of the department
- Partner with Buying Team on promotion planning and analysis, markdown proposals, and exit strategies
- Ability to identify and escalate risks/opportunities within their department
- Leads collaboration within the planning team and with cross functional teams
- Serves as a guide to associate development, provides training and growth opportunities
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or another quantitative field preferred
- 3-5 years in a retail or merchandise planning role
- Experience managing junior team members
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert Excel skills
- Planning system experience required
- Business Intelligence tool experience is a plus!
- Ability to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered