THE ROLE: On Call Stylist
The RGG Boston Photo Studio is looking for someone who has experience in e-commerce production and editorial styling. The hours would be on an as needed basis, 8:00am - 5:00pm work days typically (Monday - Friday only). The responsibility of the On Call Stylist is to partner with our Sr. Stylist and other studio team members. This person will ensure that daily looks on set are in line with our styling guide, creative direction, brand and quality standards for impact editorial production.
• 3+ years of experience on-set fashion styling; freelance or in-house (location experience a plus)
• Possesses elevated taste level and has a trained eye for detail
• Has mastered technical styling skills - pinning / clamping, fabric manipulation, tailoring, etc.
• Ability to interpret styling / art direction and execute swipe with minimal coaching or guidance
• Understands when styling quality is not up to standard and knows how to make adjustments in the moment
• Experience working in a fast paced environment - being prepared to get the model changed and back on set as quickly as possible between looks
• Basic understanding of lighting, model movement, and pre/post production
• Working collaboratively with other studio team members and is receptive to feedback and direction from Sr. Stylist and Art Directors
• Staying organized and prepared for each set day by reviewing set schedule, art direction, ensuring all merchandise and styling pieces are prepped and ready
• On set at all times (unless prepping takes precedence); maintaining apparel styling for each shot and keeping a watchful eye on apparel as model moves, making adjustments as needed
• Partner with studio producer & styling assistant to shepherd and care for merchandise throughout the photo process; checking for any damage to merchandise, maintaining vendor packaging, sku & apparel tags
• Must be able to stand for up to approximately 8 hours
• Highly organized and attentive to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet tight and often shifting deadlines
• Strong time management, communication and interpersonal skills
Job duties are subject to change based upon the needs of the business. By signing this job description, you are acknowledging that you understand the responsibilities and physical requirements and can perform the essential functions of the position.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal supervision.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered