Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for an experienced financial professional to lead the accounting and operations function of a rapidly growing e-commerce retailer. This is a unique opportunity to develop an existing team of dedicated professions into a high performing team to position RGG for long term growth. Reporting to the SVP Finance and working closely with the CFO, this person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Company’s accounting and control functions and will work closely with all senior executives.
The Controller will ensure that the company has the systems, people and procedures in place to support the effective internal controls implementation as well as coordinate and conduct the external financial audits for planned growth of the business. Provide supervision to 3 direct reports and oversight of their direct reports, a total team of 20 associates. The role requires an insightful, hands-on leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who enjoys the challenges and rewards of managing and motivating a staff.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and develop RGG accounting capabilities including general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, revenue/accounts receivable, payroll, treasury/cash management and accounts payable
- Oversee monthly close process and ensure timely and accurate completion of all tasks with attention to reporting, and operating expense accruals
- Review and approve monthly trial balance and quarterly account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems
- Ensure timely financial and management reporting to external stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial packages
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable – trade and non-trade
- Review cash forecasts, monitor bank account activity, and other treasury matters; ensure compliance
- Provide expertise on financial reporting, tax, and compliance matters
- Develop and maintain a best in practice internal control environment and collaborate across the organization for effective adherence of controls
- Establish and maintain formal accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales taxes and marketplace facilitator taxes
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility
- Manage the travel and expense process and ensure policy compliance
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process. Ensure both timely completion and accurate results of audits
- Influence collaboration and communication with all RGG departments
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don’t check off every qualification in the job description, that’s okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can’t wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CPA license required, MBA would be a plus
- Significant accounting experience as Assistant Controller or equivalent role - at least 8+ years Finance equivalent functions; 5+ years of experience in senior accounting roles - Big 4 Audit firms and Retail companies, a big plus
- Strong GAAP, analytical, and financial reporting technical skills.
- Systems power user and a high skill level in medium to large ERP system (e.g. Peoplesoft)
- Resourceful and relentless; independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, coordinating resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.