Position Goal: Operations Supervisor manages a department of associates typically consisting of between 25-40 people. Operations Supervisor role is vital in the development of associates, achieving operational goals (UPH, CPU) in a safe atmosphere with a high degree of quality. Operations Supervisor at Rue must have a passion for service, safety teamwork and accomplishing goals.
Plan and coordinate shift activities for inbound or outbound operations
- Assist Operations Manager in planning, prioritizing, and communicating shift/departmental directives to insure efficiency and accuracy
- Drive operational excellence through productivity and quality
- Reduce rework in all areas- Think Lean
- Interface with peers and related staff on the implementation of processing strategies across multiple shifts- Collaborate
- Ensure that all shift/departmental personnel receive proper training, skill development, and assessment per company guidelines
- Recommend and implement improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of employees. Implement specific objectives and performance measures to maximize productivity
- Coach, teach and train associates to accomplish goals
- Identify talent and succession opportunities
- Hold accountable those who do not meet expectations
- Accurately administer all timekeeping, payroll, and attendance tracking for direct reports
- Achieve and maintain compliance with company and federally mandated regulations regarding safety, OSHA, HazMat and DOT. Previous Supervisory or Leadership experience required
- Supervise special projects as needed
Other Job Requirements:
High School diploma required BS/BA Degree preferred
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience preferred Distribution/Fulfillment experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Must be detail and process oriented
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to multi-task, delegate & manage direct reports in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work any shifts as required by business
Job duties are subject to change based upon the needs of the business. By signing this job description, you are acknowledging that you understand the responsibilities and physical requirements and can perform the essential functions of the position.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other