The Role: Image Librarian
We’re looking for…
The Image Librarian uses knowledge and experience to manage RGG’s digital assets. This position requires a strong knowledge of workflow, tagging, and metadata. This role is responsible for handling assets and driving performance of our asset management system. The Image Librarian acts as a member of the Production team and works closely with Studio, Creative, and Brand Operations. This position will work across functional boundaries and collaborate with other departments as needed.
**This role is a 6 month contract to start**
What you’ll accomplish:
● Manage the workflow of assets from capture, to library, to delivery
● Responsible for production process of tag creation and management, metadata, and asset/data maintenance
● Create framework and strict standards for metadata, taxonomy, and file naming
● Manage and drive performance of asset library and reporting, to meet business needs
● Key collaborator and partner for tools, strategy, and asset flow
● Ongoing maintenance and management of library/archive to ensure data is correct and complete
● Create and maintain process documentation and training
● Drive continuous improvement and efficiency
● Support daily usability of the data asset management system to ensure assets are searchable and deliverable within current or updated workflows
● Support strategy and user needs across multiple departments from creation to customer and third party partners
● Drive adoption, use, and improvement as a Data Ambassador
● Maintain and update to industry standards for metadata management (IPTC, XMP, etc.)
● Serve as main point of contact for both internal and external requests
● Document and communicate bugs and feature improvements with technology resources
● Closely collaborate with producers, photographers, art directors and retouchers
● Other duties as identified and assigned
The Right Fit:
● Experience in corporate or creative Digital Asset Management, displaying a strong understanding of creative assets and product assets utilized by retail organizations
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Experience Manager, and Capture One Pro on Windows and Apple platforms
● Experience effectively overseeing the asset management process and workflows for large quantities of creative assets, including ingestion, review, approval, handoff, and archiving
● Possess high level of organization and experience working with taxonomy and applying metadata
● Understand asset usage rights and related legal issues and implement solutions to ensure compliance
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, with diverse constituencies
● Ability to tackle complex problems, proactively anticipate project needs, offer solutions, and adaptable to change
● Ability to meet deadlines and get results while juggling many priorities within tight timeframes
● Excellent social and oral/written communication skills
● Experience working in Creative field or Photo Studio environment with an understanding of on-set photo production and Digital Tech workflow
● 4 + years experience as a Media Manager, Digital Asset Manager, Digital Librarian, Digital Tech or related field
● Familiar with emerging and existing DAM technologies
● Knowledge of DAM standards, archiving practices, and file management processes
● General understanding of page layout asset formats, still image file formats, media processing technology, batching tools, and content storage (file types incl. RAW, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, Adobe (PSD, AI, PDF, FLASH)
● The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly thriving team and company.
● The ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture that’s slated to break new grounds.
● Competitive pay, incentives and career growth.
● Last but not the least, an employee discount on Rue La La and Gilt once in a full-time role.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other