An On-Call Studio Assistant is part-time and will work closely with the Styling and Photography
team in the studio, in a busy, fast-paced fashion environment. Primary duties will be
assisting with set builds, painting walls, heavy lifting, and building furniture. Secondary
duties will be maintaining studio organization, cleanliness, prop management and other
various tasks. This is a great opportunity to work with a wonderful group of creative
people while gaining experience as an integral piece of our online business. You will
work with the latest in retail photography and styling in a strong, team environment.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Assist Photographers and Stylists on set with all aspects of creating impactful imagery.
- Assist with overall setup and breakdown of daily sets.
- Various Photo Set prep tasks including painting walls, painting sets, putting up and taking down backdrops, assembling and moving furniture provided by vendor, etc.
- Assist in unpacking and repacking samples.
- Assist with sample flow throughout the studio.
- Assist in tracking and organization of all equipment and props.
- Assist with various tasks needed by the studio team.
- Learn what it takes to make the magic happen.
THE RIGHT FIT: You have…
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to execute written plans and instructions.
- Experience with photography, Profoto lighting, Canon camera systems, and
Capture One Pro a plus.
- Carpentry skills and proficiency with power tools is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, with a strong sense of teamwork in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organization and communication skills required, must have a great attitude and a passion for the creative environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift heavy objects, move set walls, etc.
- Location and professional assisting experience preferred.