WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The retail systems/order management team develops robust technology that enables our 35M members to complete their magical online shopping experience starting with the shopping cart and managing their precious order to shipping and returns. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable working with a team of engineers in an agile environment on our systems integration and development efforts for an eCommerce company that processes thousands of sales daily and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue per year.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH:
You will contribute to our ongoing decomposition efforts to move from monolithic applications to microservices. You will also contribute to our efforts to move toward asynchronous, event-driven architectures.
WHAT WE GIVE AND WHAT YOU’LL GET:
You’ll work in a collaborative culture of innovators who make decisions promptly backed by data in a modern development environment. You’ll have the support of a highly talented team of developers and stakeholders on the same mission: to help Rue Gilt remain a global leader in our industry while being exposed to the latest cloud technologies.
- Work in one of the hottest markets today, E-commerce
- You’ll get a chance to contribute meaningfully across our portfolio of services
- The ability to work on large scale applications with cloud native solutions
WHAT YOU HAVE:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience setting the bar for documentation, coding standards, and testing
- A working knowledge of Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Microservices and Containerization (a must-have!)
- Experience with C#, .Net technologies in a fast-paced production environment
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS or Azure
- Experience with relational databases (ex: Oracle, MySQL) – NoSQL a plus
- Experience with concurrency, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Experience and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our retail team is highly impactful working in a collaborative, iterative agile environment. We believe in providing the best possible experience we can with a technology focused culture that not only tries to lift the bar on features every sprint, but also stability and performance.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other