Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our Storefront Engineering team.
This is a great opportunity to have a massive impact: join the world-class team combining two of the top private sale e-commerce destinations, Gilt and Rue La La. As a Senior Software Engineer, you are directly involved in transforming our user experience to drive $1B annual sales and in delighting 35M+ members.
The ideal candidate, on top of championing and delivering high quality features, will actively contribute to knowledge dissemination within the organization, onboarding new employees, and mentoring teammates.
JOINING US, YOU WILL
- Be a hands-on engineer working closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to quickly iterate on features to deliver immediate customer value
- Develop robust, stable, scalable software for high-volume applications
- Raise your bar and ours with high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate within agile, multi-discipline teams to understand customer and business scenarios as well as plan, design, and deliver features into production
- Work independently to complete complex development tasks and actively contribute to code reviews
- Be a part of future development for our consumer facing E-commerce website
- Develop a deep understanding of the team’s product roadmap and make recommendations for new features
- Negotiate with and manage technical stakeholders as you develop applications
- Aid in the onboarding of new developers
- Contribute to high-level estimation and participate in laying out the development plan, challenging the product roadmap, and identifying areas where technical debt can be reduced or avoided
- Decide how to best build core systems to take advantage of cloud native architecture
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our Shopping Team (“Team BeMo”) is agile and cross-functional including full-stack web developers, native iOS and Android developers, QA, Product Design and Product Management. We’re currently refactoring important pages/screens in our shopping funnel across all platforms to React, SwiftUI and Kotlin - which will unlock delivery confidence and throughput while giving the UI a major facelift.
BEFORE JOINING US, YOU WILL HAVE HAD
- Professional frontend web development experience (full-stack is a plus), but ideally looking for someone with heavier experience in the frontend
- Must have experience in React
- Experience with TypeScript and building SPAs is a plus
- Experience with AngularJS, Marionette or Backbone to help us migrate off legacy systems is a plus
- Experience building web APIs, especially with Django or FastAPI, is a plus
- Solid foundation in software engineering practices, design patterns, and algorithms
- A passion for writing maintainable, scalable, well-tested code
- A commitment to observability, stability, and operational excellence
- A passion for new technologies and making a direct user impact
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Experience with Docker is a plus, especially for dev environment
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS or Google Cloud is a plus
Technologies, tools, and languages include: Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, FastAPI, JS/TS, React, AngularJS, Marionette, Backbone, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Nginx, AWS, Datadog, Ruby.
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in our Chicago, Montreal, New York, Toronto, and Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Rue Gilt Groupe’s technology department is an integral part of the company’s strategy to develop new content and offerings that deliver superior value and sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupe’s technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data and software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, and ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other