Director of Marketing Communications and Operations
What We're Looking For...
A Director of Marketing Communications and Operations to join our entrepreneurial, analytical, and fun marketing team. As a leader on the Marketing Communications and Operations, this role is responsible for planning, leading, and directing customer focused activities for both Rue La La and Gilt to maximize brand image, equity, and profitability. They will elevate the effectiveness of RGG customer growth, retention, and loyalty initiatives to drive quality buyers and support the overall growth of the business.
What You’ll Do...
Develop and deliver high-impact communication programs and marketing campaigns in collaboration with buying/merchandising, acquisition marketing, member engagement marketing, and technology teams. Key outcomes include delivery of new buyers, active buyers, and revenue goals.
- Own, lead, and direct Rue Gilt Groupe Member Communications (key channel = email, with growth in onsite, mobile, and SMS communication).
- Interface with merchandising leadership in the design and delivery of high frequency daily flash- model email program that is a core driver of our business. Develop and execute comprehensive brand and category level marketing programs that drive step change growth in our business.
- Own all email program metrics – from list health to program performance - with a relentless drive to innovate and increase impact.
- Manage, lead, grow and inspire multiple teams to deliver flawless execution of our member communications.
- Create a Center of Excellence for all Marketing Communications. Proactively identify and action upon marketplace changes that may impact our business.
- Serve as a key leader within the company, identifying and driving business opportunities through cross-functional partnerships across Marketing, Creative, Product Management, Technology, and Buying/Merchandising.
- 5+ years of email marketing is a must - in depth knowledge of email metrics, data interpretation and optimization will be critical
- Strong people leadership skills with 3+ years of team management experience leading full marketing communications team which executes email marketing, push notifications, onsite and mobile communication, SMS, Direct Mail etc.
- Experience in managing and maximizing external relationships with partners and vendors. Specific vendors include Salesforce, SparkPost, Airship, Evergage, etc.
- Global ownership mindset, with proven ability to influence and build advocacy for ideas at all levels of the organization
- Experience with developing and executing test and learn programs. Experience in experimental test design and measurement
- Extensive analytics capabilities including database marketing, market and competitive research, and financial analysis
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Experience in e-commerce/retail or B2C; fashion and/ or high growth companies a plus
- An innovative, positive, and self-directed attitude
Additional Skills A Plus:
- SFMC (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) experience
- Experience using analytics/ business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Agency or client-side experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred
- Digital/online marketing, campaign development and management of consumer acquisition or retention.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.