Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to join our growing Storefront Engineering Mobile Team in New York. You’d be hard pressed to find another more productive team at our company, since the millions of people who have downloaded our app are our most engaged and valuable customers. Therefore, most of our business is done via mobile phones, and Rue Gilt Groupe is invested in making our mobile experience the forefront of our product development.
Long viewed as a pioneer in the web and app UX space, we now seek to revolutionize e-commerce by supporting a Mobile First Philosophy. There’s no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe, with the full support of our company behind providing the most engaging and best of breed mobile apps.
In this role you will…
- Work alongside a cross functional team to help build new features and maintain our existing Android applications available on the Google Play Store.
- Work alongside the current Android engineers to maintain and build new features for a Native Android application built using Java and Kotlin.
- Implement new features and User Experiences into our codebase using the latest development practices for Android.
- Work on a cross functional team that includes iOS, Web, QA, and Product experts.
- Drive implementations around AB test which determines the future look and feel of the Rue and Gilt applications.
- Help prepare frequent releases for the Google Play store.
- Be empowered to promote innovation throughout our platforms.
- Work within and alongside a positive and committed team to new and engaging features within the ecommerce ecosystem.
- Collaborate and promote new ideas utilizing all that Android has to offer.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various work streams that transform our firm’s top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, and SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience and drives $1 Billion annual sales and in delighting 35 Million+ members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies and specialized experts in product design and development, data analytics, and customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired, but not required
- 3+ Years of Android experience (Java and/or Kotlin)
- Understanding of common mobile architecture patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- Passion for developing products with a great user experience
- Write code that is readable and testable.
- Strong understanding of the Android lifecycle
- Familiarity with working with a dedicated QA team and maintaining ownership of your code through production
- USA Based
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, and Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Nice to have skills…
- Full-stack skills: our engineers are well rounded and not afraid of technical challenges wherever they lie.
- Experience in CI pipeline to enhance and improve testing and the release of the app.
- E-commerce/consumer facing app development.
- Experience in writing clear documentation for the code and the architecture.
Rue Gilt Groupe’s Technology Department is an integral part of the company’s strategy to develop new content and offerings that deliver superior value and sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupe’s technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data and software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, and ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other