The Role: Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
We’re looking for…
The right person will play a pivotal role in enabling decision makers to leverage and understand the actions of millions of Rue La La and Gilt users and brand partners. Will do so by working at the intersection of data, design and analysis to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Take the lead in building and maintaining a relationship with internal customers of all levels and Product Managers to identify data and visualizations requirements to help monitor performance and discover new areas of innovation.
- Design, develop and distribute elegant and concise dashboards using Tableau to be consumed across the enterprise.
- Identify and understand the data needed to extract, transform and load data into the data warehouse in a clean, usable format using SQL queries for Oracle and Snowflake databases.
- Point person for governing datasets for correctness and completeness as well as troubleshooting data inconsistencies across data sources.
- Develop and provide intelligent and clear solutions to adhoc business problems.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of software deployments that affect their analytical needs.
- Be an advocate for data visualizations and self-service analytics across 400+ users in our analytics community.
- Work directly with our data architect to introduce and implement the latest tools in technology to take our analytics team to the next level while using best practices and efficiencies.
- Lead and mentor co-ops and juniors on the team to help them learn technically as well as grow professionally.
- Present results of data analysis to decision makers that may not be technically versed.
THE RIGHT FIT: You have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or a related engineering field and 4 years of experience in a data analytics field.
- 4+ years of hands on experience creating data visualizations in Tableau
- Strong understanding how to utilize Tableau features and performance tradeoffs including Level of Detail (LOD) calculations, blending and others
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to users with different backgrounds and technical skills
- Robust analytical skills including a track record demonstrating an ability to find a needle in a haystack and being a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, with a deep focus on customer service.
- Strong experience writing SQL queries to explore and review quality assurance of data
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL/ ELT) data a plus
- Python experience in a data environment using Snowflake/Oracle a plus
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other