We’re looking for… Photo Stylist (part time working 2-3 days a week)
The Photo Stylist will organize, prepare and style a wide range of merchandise to be photographed for an opportunistic bargain site and for various high-profile online marketing materials. This individual will formulate and maintain overall style and quality while managing daily production for maximum efficiency. This position currently reports to the Manager of Styling & Brand Production.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Ever mindful of the customer experience, prepare and style home, fashion and on-figure merchandise providing as much product detail as possible while maintaining visual appeal.
- Maintain apparel styling for each shot when working on figure. Style according to category and brand standards.
- Work with art director to execute their vision for editorial shots while on home and fashion editorial sets
- Work with photographer and art director to organize workload for the day, to meet daily expectations and deadlines and to maximize efficiency.
- Shepherd and care for samples throughout the photo process maintaining vendor packaging, sku tags, apparel tags, cleaning make-up stains and noting any damage.
- Put together/re package samples as needed- I.e. Building and breaking down furniture
- Research new ideas and trends and propose innovative ideas to drive the business.
- Knowledge of or experience in set building
THE RIGHT FIT:
- 4+ years styling experience freelance or for a production studio, preferably with an emphasis in fashion, luxury goods, or soft home
- Experience with props and knowledge of styling techniques
- Strong Experience working with models and collaborating with a photographer and art director
- Understanding of digital photography, production studio pace and efficiency
- Background in art, design, fashion, merchandising or photography
- Strong communication skills and excellent ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Flexibility and patience with the ability to accommodate last minute additions to schedules and changes in direction
- Ability to work with a team to accomplish deadlines and production efficiency
- General interest in e-commerce and the desire to be a part of a building business
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.