Senior Accountant, Reporting to the Director of Accounting
We’re looking for…
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Manage the accounting and financials for a new and unique business entity in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including the preparation of journal entries, analysis of results and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Own the reconciliation of cash and accounts receivable accounts across all business entities.
- Assist with annual financial statement audit, as well as inventory appraisals and audits required by the bank. Complete requested materials and assist in preparing assigned schedules and gathering requested support for the audits.
- Interact with operational departments to gather all relevant financial data to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting.
- Identify process improvements in month-end close process.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization on special projects as assigned.
- Constant exposure to key business leaders and an active role in the weekly/monthly meetings with Accounting and Finance teams.
- Opportunity to manage processes and projects and help identify areas of process improvements.
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and Word.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to seek out additional tasks as time allows and assume additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with 3-4 years accounting experience.
Bonus points for…
If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- Public accounting experience (Big 4) a plus
- Retail environment a plus
- CPA preferred
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! We manage the revenue and expenses of the company and make impactful decisions daily. We work closely with every department across the company and regularly interact with senior management.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt Groupe for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.