Rue Gilt Groupe is seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Engineer to amplify our analytics culture and foster an environment where all business decisions are data-driven. The Business Intelligence Engineer will play a pivotal role in enabling decision makers to leverage and understand the actions of millions of Rue Gilt Groupe users and brand partners. In this role you will play a pivotal role on a team of BI Engineers that enable over 400 end-users of our self-service analytics platform (Tableau). You'll create scalable, flexible dashboards and reports that are efficient, intuitive and yes, aesthetically pleasing.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work with internal customers of all levels and Product Managers to identify data and visualizations requirements
- Design elegant and concise dashboards using Tableau to be shared across the enterprise
- Write SQL queries for Oracle and Snowflake databases
- Design and develop analytics friendly tables in snowflake using SQL
- Review/ QA datasets for correctness and completeness and troubleshoot data inconsistencies across data sources
- Build relationships with stakeholders and provide intelligent and clear answers to adhoc business questions
- Serve as an evangelist for data visualizations and self-service analytics
- Train, educate and support users across the enterprise (~400 tableau end-users)
Education and experience(s):
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics/Engineering or a related quantitative field
- 3-4 years of experience in a data analytics field
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Tableau Desktop Certification
- Working in an AGILE environment
- E-commerce retail industry experience
- GITHUB/ similar code repository experience
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing fundamentals
- Experience with ETL processes and data pipeline
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to users with different backgrounds and technical skills
- Robust analytical skills
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price, e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 35 million shoppers with coveted designers and in-demand labels at an exceptional value. Three complementary brands – Gilt, Rue La La, and Shop Premium Outlets – utilize world-class technology and marketing to strategically support our brand partners and engage our shoppers daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping and the best-in-class experience that today’s customers demand.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work Visas at this time.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.