Dynamic E-commerce Growing Retailer seeking a VP, Controller
An experienced financial professional to lead the accounting and operations function of rapidly growing e-commerce retailer. This is a unique opportunity to develop an existing team of dedicated professions into a high performing team to position RGG for long term growth. Reporting to the SVP Finance and working closely with the CFO, this person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Company’s accounting and control functions and will work closely with all senior executives.
The Controller will ensure that the company has the systems, people and procedures in place to support the effective internal controls implementation as well as coordinate and conduct the external financial audits for planned growth of the business. Provide supervision to 3 direct reports – Director and 2 Senior Managers and oversite of their direct reports, a total team of 20 associates. Role requires an insightful, hands-on leader with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who enjoys the challenges and rewards of managing and motivating a staff.
- Lead and develop RGG’ accounting capabilities including general ledger, inventory, fixed assets, revenue/accounts receivable, payroll, treasury/cash management and accounts payable
- Oversee monthly close process, ensure timely and accurate completion of all tasks, with attention to reporting, and operating expense accruals
- Review and approve monthly trial balance and quarterly account reconciliations
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems
- Ensure timely financial and management reporting to external stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial packages
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable – trade and non-trade
- Review cash forecasts, monitor bank account activity, and other treasury matters; ensure compliance
- Provide expertise on financial reporting, tax, and compliance matters
- Develop and maintain a best in practice internal control environment and collaborate across the organization for effective adherence of controls
- Establish and maintain formal accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales taxes and marketplace facilitator taxes
- Implement continuous improvement opportunities in all areas of responsibility
- Manage the travel and expense process and ensure policy compliance
- Coordinate and lead annual audit process. Ensure both timely completion and accurate results of audits.
- Influence collaboration and communication with all RGG departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CPA license required, MBA would be a plus
- Significant accounting experience as Assistant Controller or equivalent role - at least 8+ years Finance equivalent functions; 5+ years of experience in senior accounting roles - Big 4 Audit firms and Retail companies, a big plus
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and mentor staff.
- Strong GAAP, analytical, and financial reporting technical skills.
- Systems power user and a high skill level in medium to large ERP system (e.g. Peoplesoft)
- Practical hands-on experience in a fast paced, rapidly growing and evolving business environment.
- Highly organized, with focus on process discipline.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment. Should be able to coordinate own priorities and those of others to meet multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically with excellent business judgment
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Resourceful and relentless; independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, coordinating resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.