THE ROLE: We’re looking for…
A Copy Manager that will lead the Gilt Creative Copywriters for the Marketing, and Gilt City functions, to help realize the voice of the brand. Along with the Creative Director, the Copy Manager will concept and strategize to take Gilt to the next level under the new ownership of Rue Gilt Groupe. The Gilt Copy Manager will be able to help define a creative vision and work with cross-functional departments as well as alongside art directors, developers and designers to bring their ideas to life. This role requires a keen understanding of team as well as the abilities to be self -sufficient multi-tasking, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
The goal is to achieve the best possible outcome of all Gilt creative projects to meet customer expectations and drive the brands sustainable growth.
What you’ll accomplish…You will;
- Be accountable for evolving the Gilt voice.
- Be responsible for the concept and creation of Gilt copy that will live on the site as well as Marketing, and email content – holding staff to high voice standards.
- Develop the new Gilt copy team, following the Rue Gilt Groupe processes and developing processes of your own as well.
- Orient, train, assign, schedule and coach employees ranging from Jr to Sr level.
- Meet work standards by following production, productivity, quality; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Determine copy project content with writers then review and approve copy materials developed by staff.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to Voice Director.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Partner with Creative Director on marketing strategies by examining objectives; planning, scheduling, and completing copy content requirements for all functions of Marketing.
- Plan, manage, and execute all owned copy/content guides within area of business.
- Stay current with copy/editorial, retail, technology, and industry trends to keeo the Gilt team and voice inspired.
THE RIGHT FIT: You have…
- A creative problem solving attitude.
- Experience with people, project and resource management.
- 2-3 years of management experience of up to 4 direct reports.
- An understanding of the latest creative trends in fashion as well as new technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to communicate well with staff and clients.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in marketing communications.
- Experience with coaching employees.
- A proactive and process improvement mindset.
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques – including digital media.
- Social media experience - editorial communication.
- The ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to work in a newly created and visible role as a leader at Rue.
- The ability to help build and grow the Gilt copy team.
- The chance to have a significant impact on Rue/Gilt’s brand voice as it grows under the leadership of the Rue Gilt Groupe.
- A great team environment that focuses on professional growth and development.