At RudderStack, we are redefining enterprise-scale data collection and routing. We are building a customer data platform (CDP) on the customer's own data warehouse. Our open-source, developer-first approach is the first of its kind. We understand the outsized impact customer data has on businesses, and we understand the challenges and pain points. We are looking to solve the customer data management problem in enterprises, once and for all, in a secure, compliant and cost-effective way.
RudderStack collects data from 30+ sources, can transform events on the fly, and routes to 150 different marketing, sales, product, analytics applications all with one snippet of code.
We’re backed by Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 and have raised a total of $82 million in funding. Our customers include Stripe, Crate + Barrel, Acorns, Hinge, and Priceline. We process critical customer data for some top companies around the world, and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
About the Role:
Have you got a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers. You’d be joining a team of talented engineers that love open-source, supporting their community, and making life easier for people. We care deeply about our users and partners, and we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
We partner with our Account Executives by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, growth marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. We’re here to make our customers’ lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy and architecture.
*Our roles are remote first, and can be based anywhere in the US (#LI-Remote).
What you'll do:
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP Design, and justifying business value.
- Lead technical evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate RudderStack’s ability to enable their success.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the customer data landscape, and RudderStack’s role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate, and present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to consult with customers and prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy and architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer and market trends by listening to prospects and advocate customer interests to influence RudderStacks strategy and vision.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", and have a knack for understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate commitment to closing deals.
- You’re a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions and doing what’s right for the customer
- You’re a life-long learner - you enjoy digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You have a strong understanding of how modern web services and mobile apps are built, and the cloud infrastructure that powers them (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- You have professional experience in some of the following areas: Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts and workflows, high availability systems and business continuity, message queuing patterns and pipeline design
- You have 6+ years of success in a solutions engineering (presales) role with 8+ years of progressive professional experience supporting technical products.
- You’ve built websites and/or mobile apps, or have experience working with ETL and/or data pipelines
- You’ve worked in marketing/advertising and understand the technical pains and challenges of working with customer data
- You have some experience with Data Analytics, Data Science, AI, or Machine Learning
The RudderStack Way:
You get a chance to work on challenging problems alongside amazing people as we scale RudderStack. We are meaningful and thoughtful about our hiring, and want to build great teams together. We expect everyone to be deeply involved with hiring, so you have a hand in helping build the team. We have a global mindset, and want to bring on the best talent regardless of location. The company is still in the early stages, and you will get to see the complete lifecycle of a startup, from getting the initial customers to raising funding rounds, and beyond. Those who thrive in this sort of dynamic environment will experience extraordinary career growth.
Our benefits include, comprehensive health insurance, work from home office setup reimbursements, learning stipends, "take as you need" vacation policy, flexible work hours, remote first culture, team lunches, events and more!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.