At RudderStack, we are redefining enterprise-scale data collection and routing. We are building a customer data platform (CDP) on the customer's own data warehouse. Our open-source, developer-first approach is the first of its kind. We understand the outsized impact customer data has on businesses, and we understand the challenges and pain points. We are looking to solve the customer data management problem in enterprises, once and for all, in a secure, compliant and cost-effective way.
RudderStack collects data from 30+ sources, can transform events on the fly, and routes to 150 different marketing, sales, product, analytics applications all with one snippet of code.
We’re backed by Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 and have raised a total of $82 million in funding. Our customers include Stripe, Crate + Barrel, Acorns, Hinge, and Priceline. We process critical customer data for some top companies around the world, and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
*Our roles are remote first, and can be based anywhere in India (#LI-Remote).
What you'll do:
- Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production.
- Lead team towards excellence by setting examples in all aspects from architecture, design document, review processes, development and delivery.
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, testable, and documented source code.
- Build highly scalable, available and reliable software systems.
- Review code work for accuracy, functionality and maintainability.
- Interact with product managers and convert their vision into technical solutions.
- Actively participate in hiring, leading and mentoring other talented engineers.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads and guide the team on software engineering best practices.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of software development experience.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong knowledge in CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with NoSQL and relational databases.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices.
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers.
- Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of 1-2 years in similar role.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Experience with orchestrators, stream processing at scale, master-slave and other worker models.
- Experience in exploring/using/contributing to open source solutions.
The RudderStack Way:
You get a chance to work on challenging problems alongside amazing people as we scale RudderStack. We are meaningful and thoughtful about our hiring, and want to build great teams together. We expect everyone to be deeply involved with hiring, so you have a hand in helping build the team. We have a global mindset, and want to bring on the best talent regardless of location. The company is still in the early stages, and you will get to see the complete lifecycle of a startup, from getting the initial customers to raising funding rounds, and beyond. Those who thrive in this sort of dynamic environment will experience extraordinary career growth.
Our benefits include, comprehensive health insurance, work from home office setup reimbursements, learning stipends, "take as you need" vacation policy, flexible work hours, remote first culture, team lunches, events and more!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.